Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Likelihood of teotwawki...in your opinions  (Read 21082 times)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Likelihood of teotwawki...in your opinions
« on: September 25, 2016, 07:51:37 PM »

First teotwawki stands for: the end of the world as we know it.

I'm just curious how many of you are concerned this is even remotely possible. Especially USA members given the circus going on here. But also the non USA members I'd like to hear from. How do you guys view our current status as a people and country? Are we a joke to you or do you just see us as hedonistic bastards or nothing bad at all?

I decide to ask just because I'm weird and in the wake of so many youtubers claiming Tuesday the usa economy is gonna tank. Not saying I believe it but it gets one thinking. I don't think a definitive date can be set for such a thing but then some feel everyday could be the time between a second from now and decades down the road.

All things considered...the political circus, state of the planet's ecology, conspiracy of nwo and aliens etc we are vastly more fragile a society than is easily perceived by the average masses.

I say you...what do y'all think?

If this is unacceptable to post or gets outta hand then mods please discard. Let's try not to get heated or argumentive with each other and just roll out opinions not trying to disdain any other's thoughts. Its a learning thing not a fight each others opinion bash.

Let it roll peeps!
Spreading love!

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
Re: Likelihood of teotwawki...in your opinions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 09:09:29 PM »

Complex topic MP. I'm not concerned that it will happen Tuesday, but yes it's evident that there is a lot of unrest globally.  Rapid changes can and do happen in periods of unrest. 

So yes, it's coming.  Probably before we're ready for it.  The effects you feel will depend on your location but worldwide zombie apocalypse seems rather remote.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:22:25 PM by plantlight »
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 05:47:30 AM »

I grew up in the survival mantra, So yes im very concerned with the current state of events.

But historically speaking when things go bad they dont happen over-night but are long drawn out process that happen slowely so the people dont all of the sudden say enouth is enouth and move away.   Like the frog in water analogy

(The boiling frog is an anecdote describing a frog slowly being boiled alive. The premise is that if a frog is put suddenly into boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is put in cold water which is then brought to a boil slowly, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as a metaphor for the inability or unwillingness of people to react to or be aware of threats that rise gradually)

Any way you look at it the current state of affairs in the US is MISERABLE (wheither your right/left) and is not getting any better.   US national debt is 19.5 TRILLION, Thats huge even when you look at the statistics when it's broken down to how much money each individual owes.
   "The estimated population of the United States is 323,824,789
so each citizen's share of this debt is $60,301.63."

Now rember how many citizens (and illegals) are just parasitic dead weight. the number about doubles,  then of coarse we dont even have a plan to begin paying it off.  or even worse think of the plans some of our goverment may have.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

support your local militia 

III%
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:48:41 AM by LIBERTYNY »
III%

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:43:00 PM »

I'm just curious how many of you are concerned this is even remotely possible. Especially USA members given the circus going on here. But also the non USA members I'd like to hear from. How do you guys view our current status as a people and country? Are we a joke to you or do you just see us as hedonistic bastards or nothing bad at all?

My opinion is, the US is like a mentally deficent toddler with an AK47. Go right, go left, either way it is going to end in tears. I started preparing to leave the US permanently in 2007 and left in 2009, with no plans to return.

History teaches us that several milestones will be passed before an empire starts it's decent into oblivion. With the current level of technology the American Empire has already reached the majority of these and is well along the path of decent into oblivion. That being the case (imo), I found it was time to leave. I was taught the US was supposed to be a Republic, when I took a good look at things all I could see was Facism masquerading as democracy, neither being represetnative of a Republic.

As far as the economy goes, the only thing propping it up is faith. This being the case it is destined to fall and when it does it will not be pretty. Persians, Romans, Chinese, British and many others have all had their empires crumble from beneath them when their monitary units became useless and when it happened government sanctioned atrocities were the only attempts made to cushion the fall. I expect no less from our empire, in fact I expect the atrocites to set a new standard of horror that has never been seen before.

As a side note, I sort of take issue with the illegals statement Liberty.

nobody
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 02:15:28 PM »

I can agree in certain ways with all of you guys.

I like the toddler analogy nobody puts forth. I feel similar about our species as a whole. We're in my eyes a teenage culture. We are in the stage that we love to play with fire but haven't got burnt enough to grow up and respect the fact fire is potentially dangerous. We are in some ways getting over the fire stage but there's a long road to go. Idk if we as a whole are capable of pulling through in the end. Take a good look at the average American. There's already a zombie Apocalypse going on in terms of mentality. A herd of sheep being sheparded for the slaughter by the wolves themselves. We are the sheepdogs but we are vastly out numbered.

Hardly a person in America is interested in even trying to answer the fundamental questions of human existence. No one wants to boggle their mind unlike myself because I love to baffle myself. Its way too easy to be entertained by the glam of modern amenities. All the fluoride and shit food and products zap the life blood from our beings and make it even less likely anyone would care to do anything in any way that's remotely positive for mind or society abroad.

These are weird times folks. I know I'll be in serious trouble too if shit happens but perhaps it won't end well for the nwo either. Drastically reduce the human population would help the earth out long term. Its sad but the zombies should go. Its a seemingly bad stance for me to take. However I don't think our species deserves the earth any longer or at least not most of us. Maybe a huge cataclysmic event will wise our asses up.

Spreading love!

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 03:25:38 PM »

I've invested a good chunk of my time spent in the blue dot on the red neck of FL hunting down sources of food & water; I must say i've found quite an abundance of edible plants as well as a couple small farms I volunteer on in exchange for food. Being the stereotypical el-cheapo student with a super tight belt/budget, I've been doing all I can to keep a cheap but well balanced diet; this has mostly entailed tracking down local abundances of naturally occurring food stuffs. I've also found a food pantry on my campus where I tend to get a few pounds and a couple dozen cans' worth of food on a weekly basis as well. I feel fortunate and privileged to live in a forager's paradise where food costs are down to ~10-20 bucks a week due to all the free naturally-occuring foodstuffs and agricultural community as well as food pantries.

I don't like American politics, and tend to shy away from IRL partisan debate unless it directly impacts my life and/or the objects I consume. This teowawki scenario MP paints-out has been an indirect focus of my foraging adventures around my locality (the primary goal being to spend as little on food as possible whilst maintaining a well-balanced & nutritious diet). If a Fallout-esque scenario does indeed play out (and if this area doesn't get nuked or annexed by the ocean), I feel fairly confident that I could fend for and feed myself fairly well with both the food seeds i've accumulated here and the relative abundance of natural food sources, rivers & farms in my area; i'm not well-accustomed to camping, though, so that may be something new to learn! Otherwise, I feel rather confident in my ability to fend for and feed myself & my future post-apocalyptic harem.

Alas, i'm not one to dwell on the inevitable; I have way too much on my plate as it is to worry about such a futuristic worst case scenario. While I would enjoy crafting an apocalyptical-themed novella, I most certainly wouldn't want to constantly plan for it while I have one helluva grocery list to deal with and a galaxy of local foodstuffs, but I do feel better prepared than most others in my locality (hence why I predicted the accumulation of a harem due to my relatively advanced foraging & farming skills; food is one of our universally-shared addictions, and we all know what full blown addicts will do for their drugs of choice when all else fails...)

"Fuck the path; I walk alone."--Death Grips
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:46:25 PM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 03:34:48 PM »

Hardly a person in America is interested in even trying to answer the fundamental questions of human existence. No one wants to boggle their mind unlike myself because I love to baffle myself.

"I think; therefore I am [a snooty French narcissist]." --some crazy philosopher from the 17th century
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:51:04 PM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 03:41:40 PM »

I like the toddler analogy nobody puts forth. I feel similar about our species as a whole. We're in my eyes a teenage culture. We are in the stage that we love to play with fire but haven't got burnt enough to grow up and respect the fact fire is potentially dangerous. We are in some ways getting over the fire stage but there's a long road to go. Idk if we as a whole are capable of pulling through in the end. Take a good look at the average American. There's already a zombie Apocalypse going on in terms of mentality. A herd of sheep being sheparded for the slaughter by the wolves themselves. We are the sheepdogs but we are vastly out numbered.

Hardly a person in America is interested in even trying to answer the fundamental questions of human existence. No one wants to boggle their mind unlike myself because I love to baffle myself. Its way too easy to be entertained by the glam of modern amenities. All the fluoride and shit food and products zap the life blood from our beings and make it even less likely anyone would care to do anything in any way that's remotely positive for mind or society abroad.

These are weird times folks. I know I'll be in serious trouble too if shit happens but perhaps it won't end well for the nwo either. Drastically reduce the human population would help the earth out long term. Its sad but the zombies should go. Its a seemingly bad stance for me to take. However I don't think our species deserves the earth any longer or at least not most of us. Maybe a huge cataclysmic event will wise our asses up.

Hate to say it, but I agree with you. I have a feeling, and have for awhile, that the US's population at the very least(and possibly the world) was going to decrease rapidly very soon.  And I don't actually think that's a problem...  The majority of people are not interested in actually contributing to society. Because of this, society has been going downhill for a long time. A fresh start might be exactly what we need.
It's nice to know I've got sources of Scopalamine and Atropine in case of Saron Gas attacks though! lol. Thanks Datura!
I wonder if datura juice on some spikes surrounding my "home base" would be a viable defense strategy...
Then again, maybe the earth is just going to boot the disease that is humanity off the face of the Earth. Seems like she's been coming at us hard with earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis recently.
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!

Skink

• Trading Score: +30
  • Amateur herpetologist
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 12:00:50 AM »

I welcome the apocalypse. The environmental collapse is going to affect us far more than the collapse of the American economy you can be sure. That will be the actual end of the world (for humans anyway). At this point, if everyone in the world woke up tomorrow and decided they cared about the environment and worked REALLY REALLY HARD to reverse everything they've donrle, and all the oil barons and coal burners decided they would invest all their money in more renewable forms of energy than maybe just maybe, we could prevent it. Problem is, something like that's never gonna happen and people are gonna remain hateful and wasteful and unappreciative til we reach the point of no return and by then it will be too late. I'm 26 and I foresee it happening within my lifetime. The climate is already much different than it was when I was a kid. Winter lasts longer here and starts earlier every year. Summers are on the record, hotter and more humid. I can only imagine what it's like in other areas
This world is gonna burn because of us, and when it does, I'm just gonna be there laughing til the flames consume me too. Perhaps some other more deserving species will inherit the earth.
Sorry for that. I get pretty dramatic when I talk about people and my hatred of them -_-' 
I'm lonesome when you're around. I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself...

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 12:11:18 AM »

This is a subject of great importance lately in my family and social circle.  The recent gas shortage opened people's eyes to the fact that a) people are shitty to each other in times of stress and uncertainty and b) that I am not crazy for wanting to stay prepared. 

I think people are restless because of the impending election and the absolutely miserable state of our economy.  That being said, I think our Kleptocracy will continue to limp along for some time.  The Romans figured it out, keep the sheep happy with bread and circus and the ruling elite can do whatever they want.

So as long as we don't have bread lines or massive food shortages and we can always turn to the Kardashians for succor, the Kleptocracy will continue. 

In defense of LIBERTY (hah!), I think he was referring to the percentage of illegals that are tax drains, there are plenty but it corresponds nicely to the same percentage of natives.  As an immigration attorney I hate the rhetoric that surrounds the issue, but yes some illegals are a net drain on taxes. 

Also, man I wish the III% guys around here were a little less 'out there'.  I was invited to a gathering and halfway through I was wondering if my security clearance was going to get revoked.  I am sure each sect is different but in Mooresville NC they are pretty extreme, and this is coming from an anarchist. 

-Ian

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 12:36:36 AM »

nobody

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 02:49:07 AM »

Sorry for that. I get pretty dramatic when I talk about people and my hatred of them -_-'

Best statement ever  :) :) :)

nobody
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.

nobody

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 03:33:46 AM »

MRTree

• Trading Score: +67
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 03:46:03 AM »

We will all be fine, we are too smart to fail now, we know too much, we just procrastinate. Start small, garden, grow your own food, own power, share, teach others, believe in faith and science, don't waste time and needed things, in short evolve past being our own worst enemies , stop being too scared to change.
what rose and iris and carnation so intensely signified was nothing more, and nothing less, than what they were, a transience that was yet eternal life, a perpetual perishing..source
of all existence

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 05:27:24 AM »

This is a subject of great importance lately in my family and social circle.  The recent gas shortage opened people's eyes to the fact that a) people are shitty to each other in times of stress and uncertainty and b) that I am not crazy for wanting to stay prepared. 

I think people are restless because of the impending election and the absolutely miserable state of our economy.  That being said, I think our Kleptocracy will continue to limp along for some time.  The Romans figured it out, keep the sheep happy with bread and circus and the ruling elite can do whatever they want.

So as long as we don't have bread lines or massive food shortages and we can always turn to the Kardashians for succor, the Kleptocracy will continue. 

In defense of LIBERTY (hah!), I think he was referring to the percentage of illegals that are tax drains, there are plenty but it corresponds nicely to the same percentage of natives.  As an immigration attorney I hate the rhetoric that surrounds the issue, but yes some illegals are a net drain on taxes. 

Also, man I wish the III% guys around here were a little less 'out there'.  I was invited to a gathering and halfway through I was wondering if my security clearance was going to get revoked.  I am sure each sect is different but in Mooresville NC they are pretty extreme, and this is coming from an anarchist. 

-Ian

We dont have bread lines ? ?

Bread Lines of the Modern Era

To visualize the situation, if all EBT recipients shopped at only Walmart Super Centers for all of their SNAP benefits, then this is how the bread line would look each month at each Walmart — 14,588 people.

The line on the left: 4.1 miles of adults
The line on the right: 3.7 miles of children

Walmart bread line
image: demonocracy.info

There are 3,051 Walmart Super Centers in the USA and 44,510,598 participants in SNAP (2011 data), making the average SNAP line at each and every Walmart consist of 14,588 people.

The Modern Era’s Bread Lines are not visible because the business is handled discreetly through EBT Cards, as the card holders come and go to the grocery stores like anyone else would during any given day, week, or month…

Short Facts:
47% of Food Stamp participants are children.
78.6% of all SNAP participants are in metropolitan areas.

Visualizing this REALITY not only illustrates the magnitude of today’s problems, but it also serves as a caution as to the number of people and potential ‘unrest’ should their government cheese be reduced or even eliminated. How long will the government be able to continue and pay out enormous benefits to such a large and apparently increasing percentage of Americans? Certainly not forever. The government is already broke – it’s just that not everyone has realized it yet.

The purpose here has NOT been to diminish anyone who may truly be in need, but instead it is to point out that much of our economic sickness as a nation is being hidden from your view – which is helping to stretch out the end-game (by avoiding a revolting public). Problems need to be addressed – not papered over.

III%
Pages: [1] 2 3 4