Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Likelihood of teotwawki...in your opinions  (Read 21085 times)

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
Re: Likelihood of teotwawki...in your opinions
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »

"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 01:07:29 PM »

Are we really supposed to decide between these two dumbasses? My mind is continuously blown every time I even recognize this is happening. Too much conspiracy notions that far predate this election that at least half ass predicted an election like this....fucking scary...
Spreading love!

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2016, 05:32:19 PM »

Perhaps we're to recognize that the system doesn't work and it's time for a new one.  Whatever that implies ??? :-\ :-X

But not violently, we know time and time again, much misery accompanies the violent solution.  It must be peaceful.  How about not voting for a start?  Voting only encourages them.

We'll probably see the libertarian vote with a larger percentage of the total.  For those who cannot bear withholding their vote, a libertarian vote would be another option.  The two party system seems to have run out of steam.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 06:59:45 PM by plantlight »
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2016, 07:34:46 PM »

I've said this everywhere else; I'll shout it out here,too:

VOTE FOR ME THIS UPCOMING NOVEMBER; I SUPPORT YOUR BELIEFS AND CONVICTIONS, AND HEREBY SWEAR TO KEEP THE PLANT KINGDOM UN-BANHAMMERED FOREVER-MORE!!!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:07:59 AM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2016, 12:08:55 AM »

A vote which isn't for me is a vote wasted on someone else, just saying...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:09:11 AM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »

Voting has no effect what so ever on who is elected. The Electoral College pretty much guarantees most voters are disenfranchised. That is not including the corruption rampant in our voting system, DNC and RNC fraud, "malfunctioning" voting machines, DHS wishing to classify all voting procedures etc. The current system is beyond saving but dont think for one seond the "powers that be" will go quietly.

nobody
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2016, 05:54:52 PM »

Voting has no effect what so ever on who is elected. The Electoral College pretty much guarantees most voters are disenfranchised. That is not including the corruption rampant in our voting system, DNC and RNC fraud, "malfunctioning" voting machines, DHS wishing to classify all voting procedures etc. The current system is beyond saving but dont think for one seond the "powers that be" will go quietly.

nobody

If one's vote doesn't really matter at all (according to the bullshitZIKA EC system plaguing the Land of the Free and The Home of The Whopper), then why not humor my campaign and cast it on me?

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2016, 05:56:04 PM »

POO-TEE-WEET
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:56:19 PM by Mangrove »

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2016, 10:34:35 PM »

Nobody said it best.
Voting for me is just 20mins-1.5hours wasted, that I could have spent in the garden or chilling out.
No-one in power is ever gonna be feeling my priorities are important, if they were they wouldn't be politicians in the first place, they would be in the garden chilling out too.

That said, Kanye2020?  ::)
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2016, 02:33:25 AM »

Voting DOES have an effect, the question for me is a different one: Is the effect desirable for the person who votes and is the action of voting and the goals in pursuit morally acceptable ?

I consider voting agressive, amongst many other things, none of them being cool.
People do vote because they do a) want a change and b) want a change through a system of power. So even if the vote is cast in favour of liberalization it still expresses consent or aproval towards the vote and governance. Most people seem (I do not know only suspect) vote out of intolerance, ego and drive to dominate, as they vote for figures or groups promising certain laws to be established or upheld. In essence most voters seek to have a third party force others to conform to their lifestyles by threats of violence or even actual violence. This is because no law demanding someone to do or not to do can be upheld without backing it by (ultimately fatal) violence / force, since a limit of force that can be used to uphold laws would mean the individual simply had to choose resistance that goes beyond that level to evade the law.
But even if some people vote hoping their vote will stop wars, will put an end to pointless laws that criminalize people and are enforced to the point where someone is murdered for the sake of the law the person does still run into the same moral trouble as outlined above: By voting for someone within the system of power (and therefore the system of power itself) the person is seeking to elect someone who at least wants to hold up certain (even though fewer) laws (those that outline the system of governance, the elections, the nation and state, borders...) which, as shown above, are imoral.
Also a vote is highly primitive, it is basically the theoretical simulation of a pub brawl. If a conflict of interest ocurred a primitive "solution" has always been to just get physical until one party can dictate the conditions. At some point people found out that a vote serves the same basic mechanism and has several advantages if the group to be voting is large ebough to be representative:
a) not everyone has to be at the pub at the right time
b) there will be no injuries or damages
c) everyone can participate with equal chance
d) only very few have to excert the force themselves
e) only those who do not agree with the result even if it is known already will be targets of force

He who votes seeks to rule but is cowardly enough to rely on someone else to take care of the violence necessary for ruling.

More flaws of votes: Women had to fight for their right to vote, people of african origin had to fight for the same right... why does it not confuse anyone that children appear to be the new "inferiors" and "subhumans" deprived of rights some people view as most basic: votes, self reliance, general freedom... seems not to disturb anyone that our systems treat children this way. How about foreigners ? Same story: Why should BC be allowed to "make the rules" in his country when Ian can not be parr of the decision ? Does BC have some very weird claim on land he actually has no claim whatsoever on ? BCs solution of course would be getting rid of "making" the rules along with the concept of domestic and foreign.

If one was to ask me how the world (as we know it) ends:
Creeping. A combination of George Orwells wildest dreams paired with ignorance, stupidity and arrogance slowly finding its way into peoples minds. An end might not exactly be what we expect, just a world that we would never choose or wamt to live in if it came all of a sudden, but the new world is creeping and only comes a step closer once we got used to the last step it came closer.

Plantlight got it correct: We want a peacefull world and we can not force a world without force and we can not use violence to get rid of violence, both would be contradictionary.
Many people get me wrong here:
What I am NOT saying is that a world without nations, borders, states, governance and so on is automatically an inherently peaceful world, by no way, it is still what the people in it make out of it.
What I AM saying is: I institutionalizing violence will guarantee a world with violence in it.
The subtle difference:
Not having institutionalized violence will at least give humanity a shot at being peacefull.

Only flaw here: Democracy. I still havent came to understand why a system that puts one or very few people into power is absolutism or dictatorship but a system that is in favour of more people (sometimes but rarely even a real majority) is "democracy" and inherently just.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 03:18:00 AM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2016, 05:37:34 PM »

I haven't read everything; but I'll give in my 2 cents. I've contacted both the Trump administration and others like TYT and the Koch Brothers and Green party stuff talking a lot about peace. If we give each other peace now; as a world- we can both save this entire Earth (it takes time though) and colonize space. I think that some of the words I've given to say for example; the Kochs have been passed around to others who're rich; from corporations to just the random lobbyist. I based the things I told them off of a video about Hiawatha I once learned from. I also told them about T. Iboga and it's endangered status and things about poverty and about my dad. I believe that every person holds peace in their hearts; even killers or those who carry with them wrongs and faults/flaws of the past.

I'm trying to bride the gap a little with a union of reasoning; only one sharing of perspective at a time- from telling people they need to be better to their family and friends; neighbors, enemies, and competition; and to be more open minded; to trying to spark a renaissance Era using my gifted secret skills of sociopathy (i'm jokin'! lol). Call me crazy, call me stupid but I'm absolutely sure that there is so much more to hope for than we had just a few years ago.

"Pain, anger, fear, doom, corruption, hatred, revenge, loss, brokenness, choice; In, then let out. Something gained.

Happiness, wealth, love, peace, reason, sanity, bravery, courage, passion, intelligence, faith, endurance, vitality, vigor, creativity, worry, work, tears, blood, sweat, and confronting your fears; in, then let out. Something lost."

-Peace, love, reason, and liberty.
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]