Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Other Hobbies  (Read 80 times)

xlcor

Other Hobbies
« on: September 12, 2020, 09:37:16 pm »

Hello friends!

What other hobbies do my fellow seedians get up to? What resources are helpful as introductions to these hobbies?

I enjoy juggling, and I highly recommend The Library of Juggling for learning its art. Aside from juggling, I like to read, watch movies, hike, and alter my consciousness.

SallysMintGarden

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +101
Re: Other Hobbies
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 11:12:12 pm »

Hey xlcor :)

My other hobbies have taken a dive since the pandemic but I hope to get back to them more soon! However not all is bad as the gardening has been more of a focus lately!
Jugglings cool, a lot of my friends are into it, Ive not done much myself but have done lots of other circus like stuff like staff spinning and slacklining. Juggling takes a lot of practise, and you're right it is an art. A good juggler is very impressive.

Back before the world fell apart and I was able to do more contact sports I did things like partner stunting and acro yoga. A lot of my hobbies are pretty physical, I like to do a lot of sports.
And then some more chill activities I like to do are fires down the beach in the evenings, camping, hiking, a lot of outdoorsy stuff really. These activities are very important to me, they ground me a lot.

I also went to the gym regularly to assist with my sports. I use to enjoy the gym for itself and use to train for weightlifting competitions some years a go but I grew tired of it as it became more of a chore. I much prefer going to the park and playing around doing handstands and whatever else now.

As for how to get into these things and resources... I started doing my own stunting after I went to some cheerleading classes for a couple of years and got some basics there. I also use to go to open adult gymnastics sessions where you could train whatever you liked and if you wanted to you could ask a member of staff for help with new tricks if needed. Slacklining I just went to the local spots down the beach / parks and joined in with anyone there. Most of what I've done I've just joined in and learnt from whoever was about I guess :)

This is me without the edited out face lifting one of my stunt partners from over the years :)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:36:03 am by SallysMintGarden »

Shamichael

• Trading Score: +40
Re: Other Hobbies
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 11:23:46 pm »

Wow guns!  Juggling is cool, I can only do three objects or two with one hand.  I love hiking, yoga, gardening and reading as well.