Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: holy grail plants seeds etc  (Read 16184 times)

steveoi812

• Trading Score: +13
holy grail plants seeds etc
« on: November 28, 2015, 07:19:25 AM »

ok...so tons of you guys and LADIES...(notice the ladies frog pj?) have tens if NOT HUNDREDS of different varieties....that Im sure took many of you years if not decades to collect....so my question is...whats your holy grail??? and why is it your holy grail?? Just trying to get an idea of where to start my collection...but I really want to know......whats the best of the best...give breeder info...collection areas etc...lay it on old steveo

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
Re: holy grail plants seeds etc
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 11:43:36 AM »

Commenting mostly just to spy on others collections, but for me Lagochilus inebrians, Duboisia hopwoodii and Guarana paulina were all really hard to source.
Not just hours, but weeks-months of my life along with too much $ to even thing about wastedinvested in those 3.
Wasn't computer literate when my search began(still aren't really) so that made things a lot harder.

Wolffia was hard to source too, but I get really focused, crazy intent on something, then move on to the next thing that I just MUST get.

I'm kinda hooked on Solanum at the moment, so was glad to add these less common guys to the collection recently>>>
Solanum Aviculare, Solanum Capsiciforme, Solanum Central, Solanum Coactiliferum, Solanum Ellipticum, Solanum Lasiophyllum, Solanum Muricatum, Solanum opacum, Solanum Orbiculatum, Solanum Phlomoides, Solanum pimpinellifolium, Solanum pseudocapsicum, Solanum Simile, Solanum sisymbriifolium, Solanum Sturtianum, Solanum Symonii, Solanum uporo.

Still seeking these guys though and any other cool Solanum sp.>>>
Solanum Chippendalei, Solanum Cleistogamum, Solanum Coactiliferum, Solanum Diversiflorum, Solanum Ellipticum, Solanum Esuriale, Solanum Gilesii.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 11:58:01 AM »

I think we had such thread before.

Meconopsis Aculeata

Dendrophylax Lindendii

not feeling like putting 50$ / each to certain death yet :D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:17:56 AM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 02:33:14 PM »

In my personal opinion I collect entheos for their cultural significance. I feel they are amongst the most important misunderstood species on earth. I'll continue to cultivate them for those whom discovered the magic and desire to grow them too.

However now that I grow most of the entheo species my newest grails are edible species. In today's ever crazier world I feel you are INSANE for a lack of a better way to say it if your not attempting to grow your own food plants. Even if its so small a scale you only pick some basil here and there to spice the food you've bought. I go many steps further than that trying to grow the greater majority of what I eat. Again though I'm only practicing for now as someday its my belief I'll have to grow my own shit to survive. Would hate to attempt to do so for my families survival when its crunch time and you've never grown anything before. How successful you think that's gonna turn out? The correct answer is not very! I'd say get on it peeps or suffer the consequences in the not so distant future. Don't feel weird about it either being the only person doing it in your proximity. Know all those considering your weird will most likely know nothing about anything and will die vastly sooner come TEOTWAWKI happens...
Spreading love!

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 05:25:26 PM »

I have been trying to source authentic turnera diffusa for a couple of years now. As far so know, shaman Australis is the only commercial nursery that sells it, and of course they don't ship plants overseas. Since it very rarely sets seed, any seed you get online is going to be turnera ulmifolia. I have recently found a nursery owner in far south Texas who has offered it before. He has agreed to collect a plant from wild populations there and propagate it. Also, USDA has a specific strain that they offer for scientific research. If the nursery guy doesn't pan out, I may have to come up with a research plan.

Also have had a hard time getting my hands on some of the named trichocereus clones from OZ. Patience!!
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:05:42 PM »

Also have had a hard time getting my hands on some of the named trichocereus clones from OZ. Patience!!

Since clones from OZ was mentioned, I have to mention my desired clones I'm trying to obtain from that wonderful continent.

Psychotria Viridis- UDV (Herbalistics)
Psychotria Viridis - Luna (SAB)

Neither vendor will ship these to me.  At least I know where to get them, just need to find a way. :)

Done :D

« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 12:47:33 AM by plantlight »
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 09:15:02 PM »

I would like a source in south America, someone who is willing to wild forage some pereskiopsis seed!
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

steveoi812

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 01:16:32 AM »

my lord that blue poppy is to die for...WOW...

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 03:21:09 PM »

I have been trying to source authentic turnera diffusa for a couple of years now. As far so know, shaman Australis is the only commercial nursery that sells it, and of course they don't ship plants overseas. Since it very rarely sets seed, any seed you get online is going to be turnera ulmifolia. I have recently found a nursery owner in far south Texas who has offered it before. He has agreed to collect a plant from wild populations there and propagate it. Also, USDA has a specific strain that they offer for scientific research. If the nursery guy doesn't pan out, I may have to come up with a research plan.

Not sure where, but I have family in the Rio Grande valley I could send on a mission, if the nursery is in the Brownsville- McAllen area.

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2015, 04:53:39 AM »

LOL, I feel ya on this one Psylocke. I just recently tried again and it's just not going to happen.

Anyway, my holy grail is Acacia phlebophylla.

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 10:34:00 AM »

What Aussie clones are you guys looking for?

nobody
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 01:59:17 PM »

Eileen has been at the top of my list for a long time. But also interested in Bruce, yowie, rosei, fields, and huarazensis (US clone).
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

kykeion

• Trader
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 12:23:10 AM »

Eileen is around.  I'm sure if I have her others must. I'd consider offering cuts if she were larger than 6in.

These are currently at the top of my list:

steveoi812

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 03:39:12 AM »

I had such a nice LARGE midcut of eileen a few years ago...thing had to be 5 or 6 inches around....got it off a cat at the nook for like 40 bucks....pupped like a fucking champ...had it in my backyard in a 10 gallon....then someone stole it of course...but not before someone broke it...

husk

• Trading Score: +39
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 11:00:43 AM »

I think we had such thread before.

Meconopsis Aculeata

Dendrophylax Lindendii

not feeling like putting 50$ / each to certain death yet :D

Was this a pre internet search? Not being rude, just curious as I haven't heard of this until now but found seeds easily on Google, the Himalayan flowers I keep learning about sure seem of interest.

http://www.twiningvinegarden.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=meco-aculea
http://www.twiningvinegarden.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=meco-beton

http://www.meconopsis.org/pages/seedexchange.html
Pages: [1] 2