Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: holy grail plants seeds etc  (Read 16189 times)

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: holy grail plants seeds etc
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »

How do you mean ? Its just two plants I want, I tend to want plants for uh ... being rare, beautiful, trick, challenging ... the first might have medicinal properties and the second has no leaves and is famous since a book was written about it, and back then when I started wanting it there was no way to just buy one.
Praise is mandatory.

husk

• Trading Score: +39
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »

That was what I was trying to ask, why it was so hard finding one as a simple search turned up seeds easily. I am unfamiliar with the flowers and figured the links would be of interest due to it being on your holy grail list,

Sorry for earlier confusion, typing on a tablet and I suck at it compared to keyboard.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 11:55:15 AM »

Flowers ? You mean a blue one then ? It grows in Himalaya which doesnt make it verz acessible amd also large parts of the population grows in the military india pakistan exclusion zone :)

But there are expert Meconopsis societies who do have the seeds.
Praise is mandatory.

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 06:22:34 PM »

Flowers ? You mean a blue one then ? It grows in Himalaya which doesnt make it verz acessible amd also large parts of the population grows in the military india pakistan exclusion zone :)

But there are expert Meconopsis societies who do have the seeds.

it is a very fine looking plant that is for sure and of interest in so many ways. Happy to know there are people who care and who grow and who share to spread the genetics and to keep the plant alive. People can be like the birds, we don't eat the seed like the birds but we can carry them all over the planet. Best regards mj.

HulGil

• Mad Monk
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +10
  • Freelancer & monastic poet. Scholar-psychoanalyst.
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2015, 07:26:38 PM »

For me, I'd have to second Meconopsis and Lagochilus inebrians. I'd also like to add to the discussion the chaliponga plant, rarely seen in cultivation.
All men are born mad. Some remain so. (Beckett, Waiting for Godot)

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2015, 07:46:41 PM »

For me, I'd have to second Meconopsis and Lagochilus inebrians. I'd also like to add to the discussion the chaliponga plant, rarely seen in cultivation.

Would be awesome to have fellow meconopsis nuts. Hopefully next season I produce excess seeds. I just dont know yet I have four options what I could try: Grow them here in the flat lands and when summer comes mist them strong every day to simulate monsun and to cool a bit by evaporation (fails on days with high ambient humidity), go to the botanical garden munic who have a place up in the mountains and ask them if they take care if i get a share of the seeds, or use a abandoned house of mine thats very close to the mountains and never (except last year) exceedet 20 degrees C or last option: there is a cabin in the alps with an old contract that lets it for a farmer to use every summer, in winter its mine as he wont need it in winter. So yeah, I have two alpine options, one semi alpine option and one flat land option but the more alpine it gets the harder its for me to look after it. Gotta fecide soon. Anyways I really hope I get everything right this time and get more seeds than I put in.

Manipulating microclimates ? Anyone ?
Praise is mandatory.

misplant

• Trading Score: +81
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2015, 10:00:38 AM »

I'm not on here much but fwiw thru my resources I can get just about any plant or cutting from Oz a person could want whether the sab store ships to the usa or not, and the same applies for trich clones. 

The down side of 'I want', is 99.99% of the time after a  person acquires that what which they  wanted, they quickly lose interest & move on to the next 'I want'.
www.misplant.net

Life is short, Eat Dessert First

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2015, 01:00:00 PM »

The down side of 'I want', is 99.99% of the time after a  person acquires that what which they  wanted, they quickly lose interest & move on to the next 'I want'.
More like 100% with me.  :D. But I don't consider that a downside.  The challenge that keeps me going -- the thrill of the chase if you will.
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 01:10:19 PM »

And I'm thinking "true love is eternal" all the time.

When I grow a perfect healthy nice M Aculeata, I'll still grow one every year after that. Actually having grown a really good one will encourage me to grow more, as I know I can, I know how, I know they'll love it and I'll love it.
Praise is mandatory.

Stonehenge

• Trading Score: +53
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »

I grew lagochilus a few years back. I was not impressed, its not a strong herb. I still have seeds in the fridge but I don't think they are still fertile.

bosqueberg

• Trading Score: +18
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 02:39:06 AM »

Not sure, but think the seed pod I grabbed the other day is royal poinciana. The tree has the most beautiful shape, creating a low and wide canopy. Where ya at Stu? pm me your address.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 10:23:35 AM »

Some Paulownia grow in awesome shapes and beautiful colours too, also fast :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 10:30:16 AM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2015, 10:03:23 AM »

:-X

;)

thunderhorse

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +15
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 12:30:38 PM »

holy grail rainforesters:
p viridis took the living (and the fkn) piss to find in uk , all damned cartha/alba(stard)
if it wasn't for madp I'd be still desperately hunting it cagily expecting to be ripped off...
and may have hand-killed the mush-room seller and tosspot ebayers over the fakes had i not been released from their ballbaggy lie-hell and jumped up postal charges[and general cuntish excuses for being the worlds biggest assholes]-  into the loving and comparatively; very faithful hands of the international community.. 
Alicia anisopetala , bani' muricata..., vanilla planifolia , salvia div...

holy grail cacti:
scop, juuls giant , colossus, lumberjackus, werdermannianus, taquimbalensis, terscheckii, chavin, super perdro, yowie, validus mutt...
 and yet to come; the real holy grail of trichos - fields validus ..

ummm,... pelecyphora assholiformis took the living piss too, az' valdezii was no probs (!!),.... ario godzilla took the cake and biscuits...

holy grail Aussers ,pacific islanders and S'Am mimo:
caisher phlebop
caisher alpina
caisher neurophylla
caisher burkittii
caisher obtusi
caisher floribunda
caisher simplex
" mearnsii

mimosa ophthalmocentra - another that took the piss to find ..

assholy fail section:
been searching virola for longer than all of them and been pissed about the most over virola - more than anything else by a long shot (with the exception of uk experience) ,.. since day 1 of entheo love ... still no concrete joy yet but hoping anytime now
(just like every fkn year i s'pose lol)

hmmm more non found holy grailers eh?... tetrapterys 'myth' , diplopterys cabroney ::)
psilo' hoogshagenii if it counts?....

will add more if i feel a pull to do so later.. this is taking too long.
-horsey
Bliss wishes and happy growing ; )
Deseos bien aventurados y bendiciones las mas luminosas
 .•*¨`*•✫ . . . ✫•*¨`*•.¸(¯`✫´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•+Don't trust Ethnopluntes in France- they sell dead, old, dry virola

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 05:00:55 AM »

At the moment, nothing!

I've realized that I have enough (too much?) to take care of at the moment, mostly cacti and a couple other house plants.

The one cool plant I just got was a Christmas Cactus. It's special because it is a clone from my great, great, great Grandma who immigrated the USA from Ireland waaaaay back in the day. We're not sure if she brought it or got it here. Presumably she got it in the USA.

I didn't know I was part Irish until we started talking about this cactus.

Happy St. Patty's Day ya'll. Be safe, stick to plants, and if you do drink don't drive or doing anything you'll regret.

Peace,
Hcc
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:03:19 AM by happyconcacti »
Pages: 1 [2]