Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [STS] Seed Gallery  (Read 55197 times)

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: [STS] Seed Gallery
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »

Not active but health benefits and pizza enhancing:

Ocimum basilicum, seeds are 2mm in length, 1 in diameter, they are always 4 in one flower, flowers per node seem to vary. To harvest simply collect a jar of flowers, let compeltely dry, hold shut and shake, seeds will collect at the bottom. Give the remainder back to nature there will be plenty of seeds that have not been extracted.

Up for giveaways as always :D

I will soon have a microscope to contribute better images.
Praise is mandatory.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 08:26:22 PM »

Datura Stramonium

Bean shaped, 3mm long, 2 wide and 1mm in the remaining dimension.
On giveaway, as long as the building site stays as is the supply is close to unlimited.

Sambucus Nigra

Fresh from berry therefore moist and slimy in appearance. Up to 4 mm long 2 wide 1 high. Sadly I only have limited supply of those as for now, theese habe already been promised.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 08:37:53 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »

E. novogranatense

Out of my first first five berries to ripen two were eaten by birds before picked, one sprouted but quickly died off, and the newest two are well sprouted! Viability is a go!

Better news is that the E. novos are pushing out new sets of flowers and since the first set have been planted into larger containers with fresh soil. Hopefully they will set fruit heavy this time instead of just a few berries all cramped up in small pots!

CP and oriky are first in line for possible seeds. I'm hoping whatever seeds get produced this time will spread much farther than just the three members above! Fingers crossed people!

The E. coca is starting to flower too! Great year!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 04:55:56 PM by MadPlanter »
Spreading love!

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2014, 11:52:32 AM »

Hypericum Perforatum

Max. 1 mm in length, about .3 in diameter. Seeds too smell of St Johns

Aaaand here we go again, fairdinkumseeds might be delighted to see :D a single Dysphania Botrys seed peeking out of its enclosure after I cracked the thing with pliers and a syringe tip. Its .5 mm max and I see no point in showing it without magnification :D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:12:47 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2014, 02:43:03 PM »

Acacia phlebophylla, "Buffalo Sallow Wattle" or "Mountain Buffalo Wattle".
Only got a couple seeds(thanks to a generous member) but three of five swelled and split in hot water, and now they are in pots, so fingers crossed!
 :)
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2014, 07:49:59 PM »

Kola nut
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:52:52 AM by Roze »
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

tranceporter

Re: [STS] Seed Gallery Anadenanthera Peregrina?
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2014, 03:49:42 PM »

I was told that this was from a Cohoba (yopo) tree.  the seed was taken right off of the tree...but all the pictures I find online are flat/dry seeds so I really can't tell.  The tree looks just like the pictures found online for Anandenanthera peregrina.

The seed has been germinating for 3 days wrapped in toilet paper and the little "sprout" can be seen coming out in the pictures.

tranceporter

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »

I didn't take pictures of the tree or pods... but I will next time I'm in the area.  I know the pods start turning a redish color when drying.  I wasn't able to see the pods when they were fresh on the tree so I'm not sure of the entire process, but I'll document that in the future.

Searching online I found a nearly identical pod on Dmt Nexus wiki...however...the pod is under the Mimosa Hostilis Wiki.  Now I'm really confused.  I'll include the picture at the bottom.

*Note:  The picture at the bottom was found online an I'm not 100% sure that it's the same kind of tree that  I got my seed from.  It's just the closest in appearance.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2014, 08:46:24 PM »

That doesn't look like the yopo seeds I've seen.  They're flat round brown/black seeds usually.
Cactus = Life

tranceporter

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2014, 04:09:10 PM »

That doesn't look like the yopo seeds I've seen.  They're flat round brown/black seeds usually.

I'll have to check next time I visit the tree.  Other pods were drying really fast and the seeds were already changing their shape...I took my seed from a fresh pod.  I'll take pictures of the tree, other pods and fallen seeds to compare.

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2014, 10:17:43 PM »

Here's a picture of some. Not my photo.   Maybe those are a different variation or something. I think there were some round ones too that Odara was giving away.  Maybe he can chime in here.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 10:21:41 PM by New Wisdom »
Cactus = Life

tranceporter

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2014, 01:36:41 AM »

I know that in the seed pod drawings that I've seen...they all appear round shape.  But all the seed drawings/pictures are flat.  I personally thought it was a fruit, but when I bit into it...I noticed the center was hard.  I removed a small piece of it's flesh and noticed it was a seed and not a fruit.  I would have gone today to take pictures but got some hbwr and needed to try those out ;)

Turk0lok0

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +18
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2015, 02:50:20 AM »

Hey fellows, my first comment at this group...my english isn't good, but i'm trying!!!

I'm looking for seeds of:
-Piper cubeba
-Tabernanthe iboga
-kratom(Mitragyna speciosa)
-Erythroxylum coca

i have this seeds to share:
-Datura stramonium
-Papaver orientale
-Peganum harmala
-Argireia nervosa
-Acnistus arborescens(in Brasil use the flowers of this plant to attract bee, pollen and nectar provides and your fruit atractive to birds)

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2015, 03:58:48 AM »

You must first become a member to trade.  Please post an introduction so we can get to know you. Then once you become a member you can start trading.  Here's a link to the Introduction section.

http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?board=14.0

Also, please check out the FAQ and Rules.

Thanks,
New Wisdom
Cactus = Life

tranceporter

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2015, 04:06:30 AM »

Hello everyone,  I finally found out the name of the "cohoba" tree I found.

It's called:  Cojoba Arborea (L.) Britton & Rose
Common name:  frijolillo
Family:  Fabaceae
Synonyms:  Acacia Arborea, Mimosa Arborea

Info:

Cohoba and Yopo

Cohoba, a potent hallucinogen made of ground tree seeds of  cojóba tree (Cojoba arborea) , was the mind-altering substance of choice for Taino “behiques” (shamans). The powder was placed on a special carved pedestal and inhaled through a twin-nasal inhaler such as the Y-shaped pipe (also called Cohoba).

Yopo (Anadenanthera peregrina) is similar to cohoba and comes from upper Orinoco, Venezuela and adjacent Brazil. The seeds of these trees are roasted gently and then ground into a fine powder which is mixed with the ashes of certain leaves (alkaline substrate).

The top picture is of the leaves at night.  The close together and then open up during the day again :)

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:17:27 AM by tranceporter »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5