Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Plant Identification Thread  (Read 184607 times)

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
Re: Plant Identification Thread
« Reply #510 on: October 28, 2022, 07:23:32 AM »

Original seed given to me labelled as "Mimosa".
5+years old, 3m-4m long branches, seeding for the first time. What do folks you reckon it is?
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

Greenmystery

« Reply #511 on: October 30, 2022, 07:46:28 AM »

Everything looks spot on for Mimosa tenuiflora//hostillis
Beautiful plant💚
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 07:49:46 AM by Greenmystery »
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #512 on: October 30, 2022, 08:16:27 AM »

I have no experience with Mimosa ID at all, but when I searched images the seeds looked too yellow, pods too short, flower too long, and that had me leaning more towards Mimosa verrucosa?
You're probably on the money Greenmystery but I would love to get a second opinion or track down a Mimosa key if anyone has one?
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.

fairdinkumseeds

« Reply #513 on: November 01, 2022, 10:38:19 PM »

Love an ID for this fella too, just flowered last night. Heard back it's Trichocereus tulhuayacensis "shep purple".
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 10:41:54 PM by fairdinkumseeds »

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
« Reply #514 on: November 02, 2022, 01:32:39 AM »

Everything looks spot on for Mimosa tenuiflora//hostillis
Beautiful plant💚
i agree with this about 99.99%
it has the thorns on the stems, and the flowers and seedpods look right, nice ID greenmystery!
and lucky you fairdinkum!  ;D
my acaicia confusia seeds from ebay turned out to be regular old pink puff albizia  >:(
"Mimosa verrucosa?" by google images the verrucosa has pink flowers and not the right looking seedpods

Cacti looks like some sort of trichocereus hybrid, very beautiful!
check out the images on first page of: https://trichocereus.net/
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return

Greenmystery

« Reply #515 on: November 02, 2022, 08:47:01 PM »

That's a bummer @ONandONandOn
I know the feeling...
Recieved some seeds in a trade a few years ago on a different forum as "Mimosa hostillis"
Turned out they weren't...They were also Albizas
Got hold of the guy and he then admitted he had assumed they were Mimosa(hostllis)

Was rather bummed but then came across some info that pointed out they do also infact contain some very interesting alkaloids and deserve a spot in every garden.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=486500

As luck turned out @sallysmintgarden (bless you bro) hooked me up with a few legit hostillis seeds and they are now couple years old and growing happily in my garden
Can't wait for mine to flower
If you still looking for confusa seeds_Check out ShamanAustralis
They have them as well as a few other of the sought after native Australian Acacia species
Easy to order
Good prices,germination and everything is 100%as listed

"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

Aurum

« Reply #516 on: April 13, 2023, 08:01:37 PM »

I'm looking to get some input on a Piper. I recently purchased it as "Kava", but I'm thinking that it doesn't look quite like Kava. I am noticing that the leaf veins don't stem from a seemingly single point and that the leaves aren't very distinctly heart shaped. The symmetrical veins make me think it could be P. sarmentosum, but maybe y'all know some others that it might be, or can confirm my thoughts?

blackb0x

• Trading Score: +8
« Reply #517 on: April 18, 2023, 07:11:44 AM »

I'm looking to get some input on a Piper. I recently purchased it as "Kava", but I'm thinking that it doesn't look quite like Kava. I am noticing that the leaf veins don't stem from a seemingly single point and that the leaves aren't very distinctly heart shaped. The symmetrical veins make me think it could be P. sarmentosum, but maybe y'all know some others that it might be, or can confirm my thoughts?

Hard to tell from the pictures provided but I would agree it looks like Piper sarmentosum or possibly something like Piper betle. Definitely not kava IMO.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #518 on: June 21, 2023, 08:04:15 PM »

I just happened to pass by it and took a bad picture in a rush. My guess would be Asparagus Officinalis. This would prompt the question how it got there. Could that happen by seed in central europe, zone 6 ?

Edit: Sorry for sideways and all that. I think I'll want to get the rhizome another day.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 08:05:06 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #519 on: June 25, 2023, 09:37:09 AM »

Asparagus Officinalis.

I found several more. Taking those would feel a little bit more like theft since, as you can see, the cattle fence sort of implies someone owns this place (first pic is definately public land).
Either way, could it be that, like many plants, an asparagus plant only develops fruit and seeds after reaching a certain maturity, implying the one in the last post is older than those shown here, several years old in fact ? I've grown the UC Davis 72 from seed before and those definately didnt look as mature in their first or second year, let alone set seed.
Praise is mandatory.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]