Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35

Author Topic: Plant Identification Thread  (Read 187076 times)

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
Re: Plant Identification Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 02, 2015, 05:26:08 AM »

Strange things appear more and more frequent, maybe theres different approaches but I am sometimes concerned. Maybe I simply dont know the things attached :) 

The white green one appeared like a common nettle just discolored, tested it, nope, doesnt sting.

The second is in its place for months now, and looking like its going to flower any day for months now. I suspect the stem to be hollow, I know similar plants that like it swampy, they have red/green stems of that size which are hollow. I visit regularly, I'm curious about the flowers and seeds :)

The third looks very familiar, guess its been around way long before I was here :D yet I dont know its name. Anemone Nemorosa ?

anyone ?
Praise is mandatory.

MirlitonVine

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +23
« Reply #181 on: April 03, 2015, 06:33:50 AM »

I have a passiflora which I thought was Passiflora caerulea. It bloomed yesterday but doesn't look like pics I've seen of that species. Does anyone know what it is? Tomorow I'll post a pic of its leaves as well.

Auxin

• Trading Score: +65
« Reply #182 on: April 03, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »

Passiflora 'Amethyst', perhaps?
[Pics]

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #183 on: April 03, 2015, 01:51:20 PM »

I saw this fella in a garden about 2weeks ago when we were on a road trip.
The owner said they had been trying to kill if for years as it was that "bloody weedy one." Told them it looked awesome and they let me grab some seeds which I have planted.
Their plant looked like it was originally the rootstock of a grafted P. Edulis and it had a main stem about an inch thick hiding deep under the bushes it was smothering out.
No babies under the main plant so thought it might have been a hybrid of some sort?
Was gonna put up for an ID later on but it does look really similar to yours there MirlitonVine, so maybe Auxin has the answer for both of us!
No ripe fruit just a couple half eaten dried out shells but planted 20 or so seeds.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

MirlitonVine

• Trader
« Reply #184 on: April 03, 2015, 07:00:06 PM »

I have this other plant that likes to grow in my yard. It's a very common weed here, look like chamomille but with different leaves.

MirlitonVine

• Trader
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2015, 01:32:51 PM »

Check out these morning glories. They're in zone 10, growing on a barrier island, twining up old cane grass stalks. They're within ~1/4 mile of salt water and the water table is less than a foot under the surface. At first I thought they were ipomoea sagittata, but I'm not shore. Check out the flower buds in the second to last pic. Anyone knows?

I can post more pics when they make pods. It won't be long, that's only 2 weeks growth in the pics!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:36:17 PM by MirlitonVine »

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2015, 03:10:03 PM »

I have returned and found the mysterious plant in bloom. It stays green and it appearssome are already pollinated forming seed pods :)
Praise is mandatory.

MirlitonVine

• Trader
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2015, 05:33:59 AM »

I saw this fella in a garden about 2weeks ago when we were on a road trip.
The owner said they had been trying to kill if for years as it was that "bloody weedy one." Told them it looked awesome and they let me grab some seeds which I have planted.
Their plant looked like it was originally the rootstock of a grafted P. Edulis and it had a main stem about an inch thick hiding deep under the bushes it was smothering out.
No babies under the main plant so thought it might have been a hybrid of some sort?
Was gonna put up for an ID later on but it does look really similar to yours there MirlitonVine, so maybe Auxin has the answer for both of us!
No ripe fruit just a couple half eaten dried out shells but planted 20 or so seeds.

That's it. I couldn't see the picture before. Those stems, leaves and flowers are exactly the same, thanks.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2015, 07:38:17 PM »

Im getting better at this, I found mine, Helleborus Foetidus if is. Its said to be highly poisonous and as its domestic name indicates the poison will induce sneazing. :) I'll harvest some seeds soon, maybe someone here has trouble sneazing :D Or you want to put a bit in a friends snuff tobacco :D

Also the plant is a good example to prove the theory / finding that petals derive from ordinary leaves, since the leaves on this plant seamlessly go from leaves to petals - or vice versa.

It can have good effect on the heart, Digitalis like.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 07:49:49 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #189 on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:13 AM »

Was in the Psychotria section and the seeds were planted more than 12months ago.
The plant has been up for about ~2months and in the beginning I thought it was a wild coffee of some sort.
Any ideas?

EDIT Hamelia Patens Firebush Hummingbird Bush Firecracker Bush
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 01:18:39 AM by fairdinkumseeds »
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »

Can someone confirm BC is looking at many Ribes sp. recently ? BC has found many of theese and similar plants recently, suspectibg they could be Ribes... or something completely different. But today BC found a new clue that might give it away: Berries, they look like small ones of Ribes Uva Crispa. The plants have no thorns and I suspect the berries arent ripe yet and being a wild form they might also not get exactly big.

BC tried a berry, it contained roughly 4 seeds that were by no means ripe, the berry probably wasmt either :) being hard, faitnly sweet faintly sour ... green apple ... I am suprised but yeah, green apple :D

Update & Edit: Found one myself: Arum, sweet but poisonous berries, some of the elder say it could be eaten after drying or cooking ... volunteers ?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:48:09 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • <3
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »

Is this a BC seedling ? or is it something else that sneaked in ? If it is a BC, will it need any special care or attention ? Humidity high ? Temperature high ?

- BC :D
Praise is mandatory.

AcaciaAve

• West Coast Zone 8b
  • Trading Score: +166
« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2015, 11:43:30 PM »

Mirliton Vine
Explore the Convolvulus genus.
May be what you're looking at.
First thought is Convolvulus Arvensis.
Grow Phalaris grass
Climb Acacia Trees

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2015, 04:02:29 AM »

Is this a BC seedling ? or is it something else that sneaked in ? If it is a BC, will it need any special care or attention ? Humidity high ? Temperature high ?

- BC :D

That would be a B. caapi alright! Good grow vibes!

Spreading love!

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
« Reply #194 on: May 13, 2015, 08:34:55 PM »

What plant grows the "Hawaiian Hybrid bud 'A'hia" found on many legal herb sites? Mainly distributed by InternationalOddities.

This is kept a trade secret i believe, because i looked threw several forums where this question is posted, and nobody knows.
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 35