Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Any experience with Hymenea Courbaril?  (Read 5617 times)

Divinorum

Any experience with Hymenea Courbaril?
« on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »

I have a strong desire to cultivate some Hymenae Courbaril trees. I live in a 9b hardiness zone, with a quite dry atmosphere. The foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains in California. These trees grow in the rainforest, and can learn to adapt very well, but somehow I have doubts about this environment. Do you think I will be in over my head by attempting to grow this?

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
Re: Any experience with Hymenea Courbaril?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:27:38 AM »

No idea about hardiness and no idea about it surviving but DEFINATELY have a crack at it!
Growing anything is a gamble and the absolute worst thing that can happen is failure, and at the end of the day you don't have it.
In that case nothing changed  :D
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

nobody

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +335
  • Hidden Member Extraordinaire
Re: Any experience with Hymenea Courbaril?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 12:37:58 PM »

Not too sure how it will do in the foothills but I do know of a few closer to the coast. Imagine it would need a greenhouse when they are young but after that it should do fine.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:11:53 AM by nobody »
¨At any time, you can turn on your computer, log into Facebook and watch humanity´s collective ego, mid masturbation¨.