Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Foliar GA3 Testing Results Thread  (Read 10961 times)

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
Foliar GA3 Testing Results Thread
« on: November 04, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »

I think it would be great to have a thread specifically dedicated to compiling grower's results from using GA3 via foliar spray. Please post your testing results with Gibberellic acid applied via foliar spray here. (Please no Off Topic/Non Results Posts)

Results for use of GA3 to increase the germination of seeds can be found here http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=445.0

Quote from: Admin
Thank you, I've modified the title to "Foliar GA3 Testing Results Thread" according to your request.

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
Re: Foliar GA3 Testing Results Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 07:09:41 PM »

Aww man talk about perfect timing. I just started experimenting with GA3 foliar spray on 11/1. I mixed up a 50ppm solution to spray loph grafts with. After spraying most of my grafts (didn't spray the one for the competition) I started trying it on some other plants. I have 2 rooted kanna cuttings that are about the same size. I sprayed the one on the right and not the one on the left. I know I should probably split them up to make sure the other one doesn't absorb any of the ga3 from the soil. I'll post updates when I start noticing a difference.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:15:25 PM by Greentoe »

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »

I sprayed down a couple of pereskiopsis plants that were growing in the same exact conditions as some that i didn't spray.  The plants that i sprayed with 100 ppm GA3 solution got extremely stretched.  They had 2x more space between the areoles, they were half as wide, and the leaves became wider and skinnier. It pretty much made them useless for grafting.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:59:43 PM by New Wisdom »
Cactus = Life

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 08:28:53 PM »

The one on the left was treated with 500ppm. I sprayed it around 5-10 times. They were around the same size give or take a centimeter around a week and a half ago. I didn't want it to become too elongated so I gave it a treatment of 50ppm 6-Benzylamylpurine via foliar spray to counteract the effects of the GA3.

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 04:12:42 AM »

So here's a picture of those same two kanna plants 17 days after application of ga3 foliar spray. I only sprayed it directly on the one on the right side, but it definitely ended up being absorbed by both plants. The new growth is stretched out and the stems are thinner than usual. I still plan to separate them and continue spraying the one just to see what ends up happening.

A justicia pectoralis was also sprayed with the same 50ppm dilution. It did not stretch out. Instead it appears to be starting new growth from almost every node where it was sprayed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 04:49:02 AM by Greentoe »