Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hiya ev1  (Read 7596 times)

Da-1

• Trading Score: +3
  • peyote pup
Hiya ev1
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:57:06 PM »

Hi ev1

I am form South Africa, I was lead to STS form a friend on another site, and was told I should join here as the community is helpful and has a lot of information, I recently received seeds for some botanicals, and STS seems to have all the information that I need to germinate and grow my new plants, this year I started a veg garden (1st time trying) not doing so bad, I have been growing cactus for a few years and now started to venture into new species of plants, I am not sure what else to write so I'll leave it @ that and will read post's before asking questions that have already been asked, so with that thanks for reading.

Regards, Da-1
Its not rocket science

olyd88

• Fallen Angel
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +8
  • always positive!
Re: Hiya ev1
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 03:24:53 PM »

Hello Da-1 welcome to the STS forum ;)

Please take time to read the FAQ & RULES before starting your journey here and enjoy your stay ;)
btw what kind of cactus you're growing there?

Regards'
olyd88
Holy Family Ethnobotanical Garden Sdn.Bhd(2018-2030)

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 04:44:29 PM »

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find plenty of info here.
Spreading love!

PermieGing

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +11
  • Grow the future of humanity!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »

Hello and welcome to STS!!
 8)

If ya update your grow/share list, add to the forum in some way, or add to the STS pic gallery, youd be well on your way to a promotion!

“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.”  Bill Mollison

"You can solve all the worlds problems in a garden" Geoff Lawton

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »

Welcome to STS Da-1!

Da-1

• peyote pup
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »

Hi ev1

Thanks for the warm welcome, olyd88, MadPlanter and PermieGing, I have been growing a san pedro, that I have recently cut and now have a little pup, blue mertil and a cactus I have yet to I'd, I have manly been growing other medical plants for pain relief, can't say what plant I think I read somewhere you are not aloud to write about that here, and 1 other type of species that I think is also not aloud to be written about, its not a plant nor is it a animal I think you know what I mean lol, I also received my first 2 Salvia cuttings they are in a chamber now as they lost the 3 leaves they had when they got shipped, so let's hope they make it, its been a week and the stem is still green and the 1 has sprouted new leaves, I recently started some lophophora williamsii and have 2 lil babies and I started 29 seeds yesterday, a long with that I have started, 11x trichocereus peruvians, 11x trich bridgesii, 11x trich Pachanoi, 22x trich Macrogona, all seedlings are on a heated table, wish I could say I have a collection half the size of some I have seen here but I will get there, I also received 6x Mimosa Hostilis seeds (that's what brought me here to this amazing site), 7x Catha edulis and 5x Anadenanthera peregrina,  I will upload pic soon, and thank you for the info on how to get promoted, thanks for reading.

Regards, Da-1
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:27:22 PM by Da-1 »
Its not rocket science

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2013, 07:16:06 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

If you're growing a cactus that you haven't been able to identify, you can post a picture of it and the cactus enthusiasts here can easily help you identify the species ;)

Da-1

• peyote pup
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »

Hi TBM

Thanks I will do that, still trying to setup profile and stuff not easy from moblie lol, but will get there, can I upload pictures yet being new? Thanks again.

Regards, Da-1
Its not rocket science

cloud

• Trading Score: +16
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2013, 08:23:39 PM »

all the warmest welcomes Da-1 :) .... glad you've to have you here... :) I wish you the best on your growing endeavors, and please keep is updated! :)

Da-1

• peyote pup
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 09:05:45 PM »

Hiya oceansound

Thanks for the welcome, I already feel @ home and had help so quickly with a cactus id its amazing I am really happy 2b here, there is so much info here I will be busy reading posts like a troll now lol, as information and knowledge is key 2 a gr8 garden, I like your profile pic of the moon phases it was my wall paper for a long time, thanks for reading.

Regards, Da-1
Its not rocket science

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 09:10:48 PM »

Hello Da-1 and thanks for joining.

I have manly been growing other medical plants for pain relief, can't say what plant I think I read somewhere you are not aloud to write about that here, and 1 other type of species that I think is also not aloud to be written about, its not a plant nor is it a animal I think you know what I mean lol

The careful respect for our community rules is appreciated, but it's not that the words "cannabis" or "mushrooms" cannot be written, or the fact you grew cannabis cannot be mentioned. We simply do not allow discussion about  growing cannabis or psychoactive mushrooms, nor accept them as trading materials, since the current laws are clearly restrictive for them almost everywhere, this is an international community, and we don't want any STS users to get in trouble with laws.

Can I upload pictures yet being new?

Certainly. But I think you already saw you could :)

I hope you enjoy the community, and don't worry if you don't have many seeds for trading at the moment. You can use STS while taking your time to gather seeds from any other sources (plus you have a wealth of interesting botanicals in the wild in SA!) and soon you may have more varied and new things to offer.

Welcome to STS,

Mandrake

onion

• Trading Score: +44
  • Why?
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 09:29:33 PM »

Welcome DA-1! You'll like it here.
How?

Da-1

• peyote pup
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »

Hi Mandrake

Thanks for the warm welcome to your amazing site, that's why I beat around the bush there as I respect your rules and don't want to step on any one's toes, any 1 with the know like yourself would know what I was talking about lol, I am new to the world of botanicals and willing to learn as much as I can, and yes thanks I saw I could upload when I made my cactus I'd post, I am shocked how fast I was helped by another member, as for seeds you can see I am a seedling myself and still building my collection I hope in a few years I can share seeds with members like the other ppl here on STS, as for plants localy I am only learning now how many we have here so plz forgive me, its an honor 2b here and happy that I found this place thanks to a friend, so with that thanks for reading.

Regards, Da-1
Its not rocket science

Da-1

• peyote pup
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 09:43:34 PM »

Hi onion

Thanks for the welcome and I already love it here, and sorry only saw your post after I posted my last text.

Regards, Da-1
Its not rocket science

isaak

• Trading Score: +60
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 09:49:31 PM »

Welcome Da-1. It's good to have you with us :)
The more I talk to birds, the better I get.
Pages: [1] 2