Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4571 times)

druid001

Hello
« on: October 05, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »

Hi everybody.

I actually followed one of the links from the DMT Nexus site and here I am.  Been on workers compensation since January 2007 and still going.  Been on way too many opiates (which I don't mind as long as they stop the pain) and have been looking into alternative healing ways for a while.  When you sit at home for that long, you also start feeling an emptiness inside you that keeps building and building and I need to get in touch with myself and cleanse myself both soul and body from whatever it is that's getting me low.  I've started gardening a few years ago which to my surprise I found that it is about the only thing that relaxes me.  After growing literally hundreds of types of veggies and fruits, I switched to mostly Ayahuasca plants and the regular, most common green stuff which I started 2-3 months ago and which is in a vegging phase now ;)  I was amazed to what is available legally through ebay and other sites in which the FDA hasn't stuck its nose and ended up with maybe 15 live plants and about 40 seeds which I am slowly starting to germinate.

I live in Florida so it is easy to grow things here but I'm hoping to move to Maine as soon as I can.  Was married but ended up in a divorce through the WC process and don't know if I want to get back in a relationship any time soon.  No kids, just dogs and a cat and basically except for the once a month doctor's appointment, followed to a visit to the pharmacy, I am a homebody.

And here I am :)

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »

Welcome to the forum druid! It sound like you'll fit right in.

If you fill out your share/wish/grow lists on your profile page others will be able to more easily trade with you. =)

druid001

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »

Thank you for the welcome and the advice.  I'll try to get it done tonight or tomorrow.  I also have a serious motivation issue to get things done and I believe ADD as well lol ;)  That's why I was amazed I haven't gotten sick of gardening after a year or two :)

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:54:46 AM »

G'day!
Similar sort of climate to me here in oz so I will be watching to see what you have growing over there.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

druid001

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 02:32:07 AM »

Awesome :)

I added the stuff I can remember from the top of my head, not counting the 2 green ones for my medical needs ;)

semaphore

• Trading Score: +4
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 02:36:05 AM »

Awesome :)

I added the stuff I can remember from the top of my head, not counting the 2 green ones for my medical needs ;)

Welcome. I'd suggest taking out the idea if you going to use the plant for consumption. I refer to the shaman in brackets. You have a nice list.

druid001

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 02:41:50 AM »

Must have been a visual glitch since I don't see it there ;)  Thanks :)

I found 3 Giant Sequoia seeds as well but I am not sure if they will grow in this weather and I really don't want to waste them.  I may put them in an airtight container and hope that they will last a couple of years until I can get out of here maybe.  Actually I will give one a try and see.  I also have some weird trees that only grow in their native habitats which I successfully managed to keep alive for about a year (still alive, that's how old they are).  If I'm lucky I may be able to do the same with the Giant Sequoia.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 02:46:00 AM by druid001 »

PermieGing

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +11
  • Grow the future of humanity!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 02:52:04 AM »

Hello druid and welcome to share the seeds!

Hope to see ya around the forums! Its a great place here :)
“Though the problems of the world are increasingly complex, the solutions remain embarrassingly simple.”  Bill Mollison

"You can solve all the worlds problems in a garden" Geoff Lawton

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 05:27:53 AM »

Welcome to STS! 

I hope you enjoy your stay here and gain many new plant species.
Cactus = Life

olyd88

• Fallen Angel
  • Trader
  • Trading Score: +8
  • always positive!
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 05:54:12 PM »

Hello druid001 welcome to STS!

Holy Family Ethnobotanical Garden Sdn.Bhd(2018-2030)

onion

• Trading Score: +44
  • Why?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 07:24:11 PM »

Welcome to the forum druid!  8)
How?