Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I need help using the website  (Read 1456 times)

Icu.sml

I need help using the website
« on: July 07, 2021, 05:18:48 PM »

I'm here because a friend introduced me to this forum. I'm really interested and want to talk to everyone. But maybe everything is too new for me and I don't know how to exchange seeds with people. Please help me, please.

BucketChemist

Re: I need help using the website
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 10:11:26 PM »

I'm kind of new too, but had a previous login which I lost. Here's what I can remember.

Traffic here is a somewhat lower than some other forums so patience will be one key attribute.

If you update your profile to list what you have to offer and what you might like to receive in exchange.

Functionality is limited for New Members but promotion to being a Member and access to extended functionality happens through constructive participation in the forum. Perhaps you can share some tips and experiences in growing various kinds of plants, have a look at whether there are some questions you could provide answers to.

Even if threads are in an area of the forum to which you (we) do not have access, it's still possible to post in the Welcome Area with a thread title such as "Re: [title of the thread you'd like to reply to but you don't yet have access]".

I hope this helps point you in the right direction towards solving this puzzle, maybe some more experienced members will chime in soon as well.

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 10:21:18 PM »

Post general location, (country)
post pics of your garden,
offer something to trade,
request what you're looking for,
maybe introduce yourself with a giveaway of seeds you have lots of to spare.
then you will gain trade ratings and karma points,
so people know you're not a robot or something.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 10:22:20 PM by ONandONandON »
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return

Icu.sml

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 04:14:34 PM »

Can you recommend me some forums that you are participating in?  thanks for the advices.