Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1326 times)

csnap

Hello!
« on: December 17, 2020, 04:01:31 AM »

Hey there!
I've been growing ethnobotanicals for a few years now based in South Florida. I still remember my morning glories that started this whole hobby. My collection includes M. Hostilis, P. Alba, Yopo, Cebil, and lots of Bridgesiis, all from SEED! (well the alba was from a leaf) I also have Kratom, B. Caapi, and Dream Herb that started from cuttings. Plus a few others I'm forgetting and never forget those that didn't make it (RIP my sally d's  :'( )

I've mostly been a lurker on discord, r/druggardening and r/magicplantsexchange and am here now that mpsx was taken down.

Definitely proud of my collection and I hope to contribute to this community with seeds, cuttings, and photos!

Milo

Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 10:20:34 PM »

Hi there,

RIP to all the good ones that didn’t make it. Was it weather related ? Or a bug ?

How long ago did your hobby begin ? Do you suggest the morning glory as a good introduction to gardening ? I’m out in the Los Angeles area.

Milo

csnap

Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »

Hey!
I lost the salvias after a move. None of the cuttings took and the mother also didn't make it. I wasn't able to tend to it once I replanted it so I kinda expected the loss. Oh well :/

I started the morning glories Spring 2018 and have been adding to my collection since. They're one of the easiest to get started with, but need a lot of space. Mine ran out of room/sunlight and never flowered.
Klip Dagga is also one of my favorites to grow. Matures super fast and the flowers look cool. Decent to smoke too
Just make sure you don't spread any non-native species, these guys can be invasive

Happy gardening