Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Loph will seeds how long should I wait?  (Read 3593 times)

Afterpie

Loph will seeds how long should I wait?
« on: November 12, 2020, 01:18:54 AM »

I planted about 30 trich cactus seeds and 20 peyote seeds a week aand a half ago, it looks like about 20 of the trichs have germinated and are plumping up but I haven't seen any movement at all in the peyote seeds? Should I be concerned or do hey just take longer than other cactus to germ?  I did the same starting method for all of them, coco core, perlite, vermacompost for medium, surface sowed and covered, they are under a lamp atm and temp is a controlled 79 degrees, any thoughts?

cactusman

• Trading Score: +9
Re: Loph will seeds how long should I wait?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »

make it warmer... 85; and give em more time germination can take weeks

Kada

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 10:46:20 AM »

should be within 3 weeks.  generally just as easy as trichs.  common failures should be very visible like pests, mold etc.  usually i aim for 25-30 degrees, so try warming up a bit.

SCoffen

• Trader
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 04:42:49 AM »

I usually see germination after an average of 10 days but I've had it take 2-3 weeks. As others mentioned try increasing the heat with a heating mat. I've also been told and have seen possible success with a dry/wet cycle to speak. Let the soil dry almost completely then bring it back to your original preferred level of moisture. It seems to have worked for me but impossible to tell if that's what made the seeds pop with so many other factors. Rarely but a few times I've had seeds that were truly just duds. Usually the whole amount of certain varieties I've had just won't germinate. Perhaps due to age. I have trays seperated into 3 sections with a different hybrid trich in each and I one section in several trays that just never germinated. It happens.