Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: ID Request  (Read 1935 times)

foo25amc

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
ID Request
« on: October 04, 2020, 02:09:20 PM »

Hi all, I think I may have mites on a few of my first plants, which I'd transferred into pots with an organic compost. I've since switched to Miracle-Gro Moisture Control, and none of the plants potted with it seems to have any issues. Not sure if this is coincidental or not.

If anyone could help me ID them and suggest a remedy, I'd be very grateful. I've tried Miracle-Gro Bug Clear Ultra, but this doesn't seem to have helped much at all. Thanks in advance!

Auti

Re: ID Request
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 08:16:08 PM »

Hi! That's a mighty fine camera you got!
The only thing I use for mites is diatomaceous earth. I blow it over the affected parts of the plant (outside). It's not ideal but it's organic. Don't inhale the dust! (Asbestosis)

foo25amc

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »

It's quite impressive indeed! I picked up a 2nd-hand Canon 550D for around £130/$170 and some extension tubes for the macro shots for £15/$20. Bit like gardening, still learning the ropes so not going overboard just yet ;D

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll certainly have a look into it. I've heard neem oil mentioned too, but it looks like diatomaceous earth is targeted towards mites (assuming that's what I've got) specifically.

Greenmystery

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 08:14:05 PM »

Look to be broad mites
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"