Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sodium Azide  (Read 21831 times)

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
Re: Sodium Azide
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 01:54:46 AM »

I think this chemical has potential. Make sure to let us know when you start experimenting. I can't wait to hear the results. Please be careful with it though.It is HIGHLY TOXIC/FATAL though skin absorption. Wear gloves, a respirator, goggles and a chem suit when you handle it.

Here is a link to the chemicals MSDS- http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/MSDS/MSDS/DisplayMSDSPage.do?country=US&language=en&productNumber=438456&brand=ALDRICH&PageToGoToURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sigmaaldrich.com%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Faldrich%2F438456%3Flang%3Den
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 01:55:31 AM by Sunshine »

hereje

• Trading Score: +90
  • Zone: 5a 5b
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 03:17:48 AM »

There are dozens of mutagen chemicals available i just stumbled upon thisone so thats why im going to use it
if i find a good substitute between now and march ill probly go with that insted - also i used to deal with explosives
a fair bit and i currently work in a steel mill around some mean stuff so ive been trained with hazardous chemicals
although accidents can happen so if i randomly disappear around march or april you know what happened :) lol
just kidding :) you would be surprised at the extreme caution i use around dangerous chemicals
Hmmm... what does this button do?

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 04:27:40 AM »

Haha! Well, it needed to be said, ya know? Its good that you have that experience. Others may not though and might think about doing similar experiments. I was going to buy some to play around with until I read the MSDS. Scary stuff.

hereje

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 05:02:17 AM »

Keep in mind that there are a lot of chemicals that have mutagen properties - im sure if you were interested
with a little research you could find a fairly safe and cheap alternitive

texensis

• Trading Score: +2
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 07:44:36 AM »

I've worked with sodium azide before, preparing mobile phase for HPLC.
You'd need to dissolve it in deionized (or distilled) water before experimenting with it, and please wear gloves.
Its properties are similar to sodium cyanide.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:28:33 PM by Mandrake »

gator

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +12
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »

Next March, Hereje I s going to win the POTM because he'll have mutated himself, turned green w/ a full head of 4 leaf clover hair :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:48:01 PM by gator »

hereje

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 03:37:30 PM »

Rofl thats a good possibility but i have access to a professional fumehood and glove box at work and i plan to premix everything in a sealed container before application so there will be an extremely low chance i will come into contact with
even trace ammounts of chemicals

On a side note im looking for flowers that germinate and reach fruiting stag fast so i can run a lot of generations through as quickly as possible

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2013, 02:21:20 AM »

Lots of blokes up in FNQ got leukemia and had a much greater risk of dying early from stroke/ aneurism in their 30-40 after playing around with high doses of an insecticidal mutagen, trying to get freaky potent, yet huge dope in the 80's. A whole generation of dope growers idiot sons were soaking seeds with bare hands.
Or so the story goes, bit before my time but it seems to be a really common story among the older farmers who used to be slightly dodgy back in the day.....
They all know someone you died young or horrible after playing around with that stuff.
Its this thick yellow stuff that they banned they all talk about, but can't remember the name right now?
Huge mutation rates AND yet a very high plant survival rate.
They still use it on bananas for beetle borer(as nothing else works as well)and all the older growers all have a stockpile.
They never get the young guys or backpackers spraying it as it eventually kills ya.
The sprayers are nearly always lazy sick older alcoholics, and they only work contract/cash.
I have never seen a contract sprayer over 45......
They never last that long was always the joke, but after a few years working bananas, there is definitely some truth to it.
Cell mutation bro, be extra extra extra careful.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact
Pages: 1 [2]