Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Good morning from Seattle!  (Read 1484 times)

recipes

• Have a great day!
Good morning from Seattle!
« on: June 13, 2020, 05:22:44 PM »

It's another rain soaked morning here in the evergreen state, and my garden or I should say pond is not very happy with the lack of sun!  It has rained so much since the beginning of April that most people around here are off to a slow start in the vegetable growing season.  I decided to join because I have always enjoyed gardening since I was young and this forum is a good fit for me.  I have experience both in indoor/outdoor growing, along with hydroponics.  So, if I can help you out with any questions, please feel free to ask.
Nature lover!

MRTree

• Trading Score: +67
Re: Good morning from Seattle!
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 01:05:26 AM »

Welcome . We have lots of knowledge and great hearted people here and you ve found a wonderful place . I have lots of cloning issues with a certain "species". Do you have advice for it ?
what rose and iris and carnation so intensely signified was nothing more, and nothing less, than what they were, a transience that was yet eternal life, a perpetual perishing..source
of all existence

recipes

• Have a great day!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 12:59:41 PM »

Olivia's cloning gel works wonders.  With that being said it all depends on what you are trying to clone.  I have found success with batch cloning, because it raises your odds when you make multiple clone attempts.  It also can depend on what part of the plant you are taking your clone from too.  Traditionally speaking you can take a clone from new growth and propagate it, however, some plants like from the Cannabaceae family, you can only pull clippings from the bottom of the plant because how the hormones are distributed through out it.  Water & humidity also can play a key factor in it too.  Some plants require root clones.  Also, with clippings they will root out of the bottom at the cut point because of the exposed flesh on the inside.  If you use a razor and scrap along the sides to expose more flesh, it will give your clone more opportunities to produces roots, versus one single cut point.  I would say try many different experiments, I once cloned a grape plant with root tone and a vase full of water. 
Nature lover!

MRTree

• Trading Score: +67
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 05:49:19 PM »

Thanks .this was more or less what I was looking for . I'm curious of root clones as I've never tried that approach .
what rose and iris and carnation so intensely signified was nothing more, and nothing less, than what they were, a transience that was yet eternal life, a perpetual perishing..source
of all existence