Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New user from Georgia.  (Read 3107 times)

PinkTarantula

New user from Georgia.
« on: September 08, 2017, 12:27:32 AM »

Hi everyone. Just joined up on STS today. So far everything seems pretty laid back and interesting. I like that STS seems pretty active as well. I'm also on the shroomery but feel that sometimes it is a bit too specific on, as the name implies, mycology. I've only just recently gotten into gardening of any sort but have become obsessed with cacti and some ethnos. I look forward to meeting and getting to know everyone here.

This is more or less most of what I've got going on at the moment. Some seeds and such as well but this is the bulk of it.

PinkTarantula

Re: New user from Georgia.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:33:07 AM »

Ok. So this post took me nearly a half hour to post. One of the security/anti-spam questions was "What is the Latin name for Jurema Negra?" I'm not realy familiar with it so I may be missing something but I tried Mimosa Hostilis, mimosa hostilis, Acacia hostilis, Mimosa tenuiflora, Mimosa Tenuiflora, and maybe one or two others. And every time it said it was wrong. That's a bit excessive. 30 minutes for a welcome post? -_-

nikshaz

• Trading Score: +151
  • This is gods work, creation..just create ethically
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 01:00:53 AM »

30 minutes for a welcome post? -_-

That's a little much, we've had some bot problems in the past..

Glad you joined us though! Welcome, Welcome!!
We are our own creators

The man with the seeds is the man indeed

Inyan

• Trading Score: +28
  • Find what makes you happy and do it.
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 03:22:56 AM »

Ok. So this post took me nearly a half hour to post. One of the security/anti-spam questions was "What is the Latin name for Jurema Negra?" I'm not realy familiar with it so I may be missing something but I tried Mimosa Hostilis, mimosa hostilis, Acacia hostilis, Mimosa tenuiflora, Mimosa Tenuiflora, and maybe one or two others. And every time it said it was wrong. That's a bit excessive. 30 minutes for a welcome post? -_-

I had the same issue with that question and like you I used Mimosa hostilis, Mimosa tenuiflora, etc. Just doesn't seem to like whatever you try for that question. Any who, good to see you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:05:23 PM by Inyan »
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 12:17:56 PM »

Thats a good point ...

Nevertheless: Welcome and glad you made it here.
Praise is mandatory.

PinkTarantula

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »

Thanks everyone. Not too big of a deal. Was more frustrating at the time I suppose. Glad to be here.

whitethumb

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 03:28:18 PM »

nice collection!!! thanks for sharing

Ivy_Black

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2022, 02:15:02 AM »

I just ran into the same question you were discussing during my own registration.
And the answer I gave was 'mimosa hostilis'. And it was accepted first try. (Along with my other answers to the given questions, of course.)

The problem may have been the use of an uppercase 'M' for the word Mimosa? Just a guess...
But wither way, if there was a system issue it seams to be fixed now, so long as the registrant uses all lower case letters in their answers to the "Latin name for..." questions.