Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Psychotria viridis propagation  (Read 135817 times)

csnap

Re: Psychotria viridis propagation
« Reply #315 on: December 21, 2020, 02:59:08 AM »

Thanks for the advice! I've got about a dozen stem cuttings in the rooting process now. Will update when I see progress

woolmer

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2021, 05:30:31 PM »

I present here the layman's propagation of P. Alba. Simply place all your leaves/cuttings in a ziploc bag with a bit of water and forget about it for a month. When you check again there will be several roots on your leaves and they should be reading for planting.

Is this the most effective propagation method? Probably not. Is it the easiest when propagating larger amounts? Seems so to me. Of 12 cuttings all but one have gotten substantial roots.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 05:32:37 PM by woolmer »

Greenmystery

« Reply #317 on: April 16, 2022, 11:49:39 AM »

Whole p.viridis stems (15-20cm) with about 3-4 leaves cut in half and placed into rainwater outside.
All showing tremendous root growth in less than a month.
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

Greenmystery

« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2022, 05:47:48 PM »

@sally
Gave the takeaway Tek a whirl and I must say I'm impressed.Put my leaves (cut in half-tops and bottom) in a coir/verm mix on the 26/2 and yesterday took a look and they bursting with roots!! Decided to put into small pots today before they get a little difficult to separate - I noticed slightly more root growth the tops that I cracked the mid rib a couple times slightly above the cut
Great Tek for leaf propagation
Highly recommend
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 05:49:16 PM by Greenmystery »
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2022, 06:34:29 PM »

Propagation of Psychotrias via stem cuttings interests me greatly!! Does anyone know and/or have experience with propagating other psychotrias via stem cutting? I want to try this out with my P. Nexus.
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Greenmystery

« Reply #320 on: May 16, 2022, 07:04:28 PM »

@mangrove
Im pretty it'll work the same with Nexus - it is a psychotria hybrid so can't see why not.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]