Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: We are in a holographic reality  (Read 15047 times)

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
Re: We are in a holographic reality
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 02:16:21 AM »

Wow, looks like I missed all the drama.
I strongly deeply believe some pretty wacky stuff, stuff that many folks here and elsewhere would either think is crazy, or may even be offended by.
In the past I felt a powerful urge to share my newly discovered "wisdom" with the world, and doing so, bulldozed and bullied my way over others, "ridiculous " beliefs.
It caused me conflict and drama, and in the end, my "education" was just a cause of frustration, not enlightenment to others.
It was not a gift I was sharing, it was a religion, with all the negatives that come with it, just in a different package.

It is ok to share your beliefs, the key is to be open to others beliefs at the same time. Their beliefs have as much right to coexist as yours, and as belief is a fluid thing, constantly changing and being tuned in and out of existence, your opinion of their "ridiculousness", may very well change given enough time and new experiences.

Offer others your beliefs, (and the reasons you believe them) ONLY if you think it may be wanted, but do not be offended if it is not.
They are not you, and do not think like you, so to expect them to feel or act like you is a bit unrealistic.

Offering someone a huge rump steak that is perfectly seasoned and cooked to perfection with a great deal of love, is a wonderful thing to do.
To be offended if they do not eat it because they are vegetarian is just silly.
As is being offended if you are the one offered the steak....
 ;)
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 02:19:19 AM »

Oh yeah, awesome pics Chickasaw Man.
Love looking at the Hubble pics. Blows my mind right open.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 03:27:15 AM »

As far as this thread has gone off topic from plants, one more won't hurt...

A bunch of picture-quality Hubble images are available for free download on their site. 2 or 3 bucks apiece in printing and cheap frames makes cool wall art if you're into space.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 03:36:56 AM »

To be fair this topic wasn't about plants in the first place, and this is the general discussion area.

Nice pictures Frog Pajamas!

New Wisdom
Cactus = Life

delta9hippie

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2014, 11:27:24 AM »

23, science is awesome. Science isn't just about creating new technologies or esoteric discoveries; it's a way of thinking. A way of thinking that you can use almost anywhere, anytime. "Doing" science means developing a system of thought and experiment in such a way that the result at which you arrive is an answer in which you can have confidence. When I use the word "pseudoscience", I am referring mostly to Karl Popper's understanding (with some modifications) of falsification. If you make a statement, like "There is a giant spaghetti monster that rules the universe," then that could be true, but there is no way to prove that it is false. That statement, given our abilities, cannot be falsified, therefore it is not scientific. I think this is a really useful lens.

Also, I have worked most of my adult life on government funded science projects. From US Department of Defense and the National Science Foundation as well as EU-funded projects. There is not some huge conspiracy. The system of private and public funding of research and development is pretty simple. Allocate limited resources to the highest potential valued projects. Also, there is a lot of inefficiency in the bureaucracy, and things get more complicated, but that's another topic.

As of now do you seriously think that if NASA encountered alien or alien craft they'd let the public know?

Yes. They would. You know how I know? :) Because they already have. It's not as exciting as a sci-fi thriller, but super strong microorganisms have been discovered to be able to survive in space. That's incredible to me. Constant bombardment of radiation, incredibly cold. Life in the universe is amazing!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:27:44 PM by delta9hippie »
I kind of like plants because they made the Earth inhabitable.

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »

Awesome delta9!!  I would love to see what they find when they dig into the ice on Europa. It would be incredible if they even found bacteria on that moon. 
Cactus = Life
Pages: 1 2 [3]