Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Changed email accidentally- locked out and no reactivation link email  (Read 6040 times)

Frog PJs

Hey guys,

I messed up my account fumbling around with the account settings. I accidentally changed my email address on my Frog Pajamas account, which locked me out until I go through a reactivation email that was supposed to be sent. I dug around until I figured out the password for that email account, but didn't get the reactivation link email. It's entirely possible that I mistyped the email address I added b/c I didn't realize it was going to need verification.

Can someone help me get logged back in, pretty please?  :-[

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: Changed email accidentally- locked out and no reactivation link email
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 12:01:09 PM »

Done.

I activated your regular account after the email change. The problem is I think you made a typo and wrote "gmsil.com" instead of "gmail.com", so of course no activation email was received... I have fixed the email addy in your old account, please log in as usually and post here a reply. When I see the reply I will delete this account.

Mandrake

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
Re: Changed email accidentally- locked out and no reactivation link email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 01:19:17 PM »

Thank you.  I'll be more careful in the future.  :P

sg

Doh!  Hey guys, SoulGrower here.  I just did the same thing.  A buddy was setting up a domain with an email server and gave me an account.  But he's having issues and now I can't access my email there and verify.  I'm locked out and I can't wait for him to sort it out  :P  Could you please revert my account to my previous email and resend verification.  Sorry for the bother..

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B

I'm going to promote this account you're using.  Please send me a PM with the email you want to use and I'll change it back.

NW
Cactus = Life

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330

Tickle me fancy, but ummmmmmm.....possible loophole in account verification?

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B

I already got his old acount back together and deleted the new one. I confirmed that his old account had changed email. IT wasn't showing up on the userlist because he (SoulGrower) changed email and couldn't validate it.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't somebody trying to trick us into getting an account.

Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you're saying.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:01:41 AM by New Wisdom »
Cactus = Life

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330

Ah, I see now.

I didn't see in the OP that STS locks you out when you change your email address.

Makes sense,
Hcc

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B

This happened to me once and Mandrake helped me. So I kind of knew how to take care of it.
Cactus = Life