Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 5436 times)

Khaedin

• Trading Score: +1
Howdy
« on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:23 AM »

Hello all. My name is Clinton. I'm relatively new to the growing scene, just a few years under my belt. I'm a huge fan of entheogens from the mint family such as Leonotis Leonurus, Leonurus Japonicus, Leonurus Sibiricus, Lagochilis Inebriens and their alkaloid potentials. Flowers and scents are my strong points when I choose plants to grow. Brugmansia is a dead ringer for that as well.

Growing up, I believed my family,  government, and society and shunned anyone looking for "self-help"  through entheogenic plants such as Cannabis and Opium poppies. After a handful of dramatic events in my life, I fell off the "wagon" and began to indulge in natural "evils". Through the use of various hallucinogens, I started to develop my own belief system on life and human nature in general. My outlook on life has completely reverted from one of disgust for those with poor morals and the various evils of the world, to finally being able to see what's directly in front of me; life. We're all products of nature, and the only ones with a consciousness to change the way things are through example; not hate. Live a life of good morals, be kind to your neighbors, and grow something green. Peace.

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »

Welcome to STS!!
:) :) :)

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 02:18:45 AM »

Hello Khaedin and thank you for joining us.

Live a life of good morals, be kind to your neighbors, and grow something green.

Sounds great to me. Now if only we could all have a good agreement on what good morals are... but I'm guessing most people here will understand the spirit of the words right away.

Please take a look at the STS Rules and the STS FAQ if you haven't done so yet, and make yourself at home.

Welcome to STS,

Mandrake

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 02:23:50 AM »

Welcome to STS my friend!  I'm glad you finally got to "see the light" in respect to these plants. I was the same as you were once as well.  I'm glad I opened my eyes to the reality of it all.

By the way, you can easily become a full member by contributing in some way (adding to plant/seed galleries, posting usefull information)  Be sure to check out the Rules and FAQ as well.

EDIT:Mandrake beat me to this part ^^^
Cactus = Life

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:35:00 AM »

I'm a huge fan of entheogens from the mint family such as Leonotis Leonurus, Leonurus Japonicus, Leonurus Sibiricus, Lagochilis Inebriens and their alkaloid potentials. Flowers and scents are my strong points when I choose plants to grow.

I noticed one day while I was picking leonotis flowers water-like drops would fall when pulling them out. At first I thought it was just dew or water that had become trapped in the flower or something.

Being the naturally inquisitive type that I am, I pulled out out slowly so that the droplet stayed attached and tasted it. It was sweet and had a spicy note to it. I had a family member try it and they agreed. I had discovered sweet dagga nectar! haha

Anyways, I just thought you may enjoy trying that when you get some flowering again. :)

Peace and Love
-Sunny

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 02:58:29 AM »

Hi Clinton.  Welcome to STS. I look forward to sharing with you.  :)

Khaedin

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 03:34:10 AM »

Thank you everyone for the incredibly warm welcome. I'm glad to finally find a community of peers. As a side note, I do all my growing indoors due to consistently poor weather conditions in my area. I have a plethora of knowledge on indoor lighting and will gladly help anyone with any questions regarding such.

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »

G'day Khaedin!
Pleased to meet you.
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

Khaedin

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »

I'm a huge fan of entheogens from the mint family such as Leonotis Leonurus, Leonurus Japonicus, Leonurus Sibiricus, Lagochilis Inebriens and their alkaloid potentials. Flowers and scents are my strong points when I choose plants to grow.

I noticed one day while I was picking leonotis flowers water-like drops would fall when pulling them out. At first I thought it was just dew or water that had become trapped in the flower or something.

Being the naturally inquisitive type that I am, I pulled out out slowly so that the droplet stayed attached and tasted it. It was sweet and had a spicy note to it. I had a family member try it and they agreed. I had discovered sweet dagga nectar! haha

Anyways, I just thought you may enjoy trying that when you get some flowering again. :)

Peace and Love
-Sunny

Honestly I never thought of looking for nectar from them. I'll have to try that out this year. Passifloras get little beads of nectar that seeps out on the back side of the flowers. I'm sure I looked ridiculous, but everyday I would go out and dab it off to taste. It's very very sweet.

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 07:29:17 AM »

Ahh! Very interesting. I had a passionflower vine last season but I didn't see any nectar...

Now that I think about it, I noticed a small bead on my edulis sprout which was about 7 inches tall at the time, still in its juvenile stage. I poked it and it was the consistency of thick maple syrup and was clear. I tasted it and it was very sweet as you said. I can't wait to see how much a full grow plant can produce.

Khaedin

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2014, 06:45:17 PM »

My passiflora I had is a hybrid called Lady Margaret, a mix between Incarnata and Coccinea. That may have been the difference between mine and yours. Passion flowers are another one of my favorite and I plan to grow a different variety this year. If I notice the same beads, I'll be sure to snap pictures and post them.

Blackvine

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »

Hello Khaedin, welcome to the forums!