Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello All :)  (Read 5401 times)

nicholasdewey

• Trading Score: +1
Hello All :)
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »

Hello STS!

I was directed here by some members that i've met on other forums that share some similar life hobbies. It appears we could have a great symbiotic relationship! Very happy to be here!

Some background of myself:

Growing up with my grandparents on both sides growing large gardens/farms/livestock/etc. in which i took an active role in helping out.

I have been working in research for many many years, and more recently (~2-3 yrs) working in organic bio-pesticide/fertilizer research, which includes half my time running trials in our greenhouse. This research can include almost any type of plants (herbs, veggies, woody ornamentals, trees, any plant/flower you'd see at a nursery).

I've also always been drawn to growing my own plants and garden, and a few years ago achieved a house to really do it, and have been ever since. I also grow some cannabis for personal use in my home, which has surprisingly been going awesome.

I was directed here because i am in the process of trying to grow my own acacia confusa, mimosa hostilis, iboga, and some succulents (not sure if this site includes them).

So, anyone that reads this that could point me in the right direction of obtaining any of those varieties, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated! <3

Thanks!

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
Re: Hello All :)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »

Hello STS!

I was directed here by some members that i've met on other forums that share some similar life hobbies. It appears we could have a great symbiotic relationship! Very happy to be here!

Some background of myself:

Growing up with my grandparents on both sides growing large gardens/farms/livestock/etc. in which i took an active role in helping out.

I have been working in research for many many years, and more recently (~2-3 yrs) working in organic bio-pesticide/fertilizer research, which includes half my time running trials in our greenhouse. This research can include almost any type of plants (herbs, veggies, woody ornamentals, trees, any plant/flower you'd see at a nursery).

I've also always been drawn to growing my own plants and garden, and a few years ago achieved a house to really do it, and have been ever since. I also grow some cannabis for personal use in my home, which has surprisingly been going awesome.

I was directed here because i am in the process of trying to grow my own acacia confusa, mimosa hostilis, iboga, and some succulents (not sure if this site includes them).

So, anyone that reads this that could point me in the right direction of obtaining any of those varieties, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated! <3

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to ShareTheSeeds.

Thanks for joining  :)

Feel free to check out my profile for seeds you may be interested in.

Mimosa Tenuiflora/Hostilis: Jurema, Spreading the Medicine

Germination of Mimosa Hostilis

Germination, dispersal and seedling establishment of Mimosa tenuiflora (Leguminosae) in Mexico
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Cannabis+https://www.dropbox.com/s/gkf42j1ttv2xr6t/Cannabis.rar+https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l6cty9bxpnl7im/Cannabis.zip

^ Cannabis and Cannabinoid Scientific Literature.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 07:32:12 PM by Seed Collector »

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:23:10 PM »

Welcome!
:) :) :) :)

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 11:32:42 PM »

Hey, welcome to STS! I look forward to sharing seeds with you.

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 12:59:08 AM »

G'day nicholasdewey!
Nice to meet a fellow organic grower.
Have a rocking day!!!
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 02:06:27 AM »

Welcome man! I think you found the right place!
Spreading love!

Zbojnick

• Trading Score: +2
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 12:39:05 PM »

Welcome to STS Nicholas!

nicholasdewey

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 03:21:58 PM »

Wow! thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm really excited to get in touch with some of you to see how this whole trading thing works... i'd love to be be able to spread the knowledge/love/seeds as well once able! :)

one question though... I'm either incompetent, not allowed to yet, or just not seeing it, but i can't seem to figure out how to msg anyone? Even messages i've received i cant find a reply button and when i click a name it just said i can't view that page. Any advice is much appreciated.

In the mean time i'll try to do as much research here as possible.

Again, i really appreciate the warm welcome and peoples willingness to help me out and spread the beauty.

Seed Collector

• Slow but reliable
  • Trading Score: +93
  • Oklevueha Native American Church Member
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 03:30:10 PM »

Wow! thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I'm really excited to get in touch with some of you to see how this whole trading thing works... i'd love to be be able to spread the knowledge/love/seeds as well once able! :)

one question though... I'm either incompetent, not allowed to yet, or just not seeing it, but i can't seem to figure out how to msg anyone? Even messages i've received i cant find a reply button and when i click a name it just said i can't view that page. Any advice is much appreciated.

In the mean time i'll try to do as much research here as possible.

Again, i really appreciate the warm welcome and peoples willingness to help me out and spread the beauty.

Only full members may PM.

Welcome to STS !

Adding pictures to the sts  plant gallery, making grow logs and adding useful info to the site are just a few ways to become a full member.

;D

^ That is good advice (also ... the seed gallery).

I'd like to see more on these topics:

Gibberellic Acid Germination Results Thread

Foliar GA3 Testing Results Thread (Including if the strecth factor is/isn't altered during vegetative or flowering periods).

Calculating Parts Per Million (PPM)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:40:53 PM by Seed Collector »

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2014, 03:34:24 PM »

I'm either incompetent, not allowed to yet, or just not seeing it, but i can't seem to figure out how to msg anyone?

Hello nicholasdewey,

the feature for personal messaging, along with others, becomes active once you are promoted to full member. Please take a look to our Welcome New Members! post if you haven't read it yet.

We require this little presentation and participation in any form before promotion, in order to keep the great standards for members we've enjoyed so far. But you should be a full member pretty soon.

Thanks for joining and welcome to STS,

Mandrake

nicholasdewey

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 04:39:26 PM »

Once again, thank you for the quick responses. I will certainly take some of the advice.

If there is interest i could even post some pictures of some of the trials i'm doing for my job in our greenhouse.

Aside from growing plant trials, the other half of my job is producing a strain of trichoderma that is great for root-system health as well as protection from pathogens, so any questions in that area i'm more than willing to advise on. <3