Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: [Tobacco + P.harmala] tea as cacti pesticide?  (Read 6063 times)

Radium

• Trading Score: +2
  • When I die, plz compost me :)
[Tobacco + P.harmala] tea as cacti pesticide?
« on: November 22, 2015, 08:13:45 PM »

I noticed lots of really really tiny walking creatures on my P.pachanois today, the size of a small pinpoint, impossible to detect with naked eye from 30cm away, only detectable from closer than 30cm.

Since I didn't have any pesticide at hand, I boiled some tobacco leaves and P.harmala seeds together, made a concentrated tea, and sprayed the plants and soil with it (the pests were in soil as well as on the plants).

Now I'm beginning to worry, would that tea damage the cacti?
The pests were destroyed after some minutes.

BTW, can the said tea act as an effective fungicide as well?
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Auxin

• Trading Score: +65
Re: [Tobacco + P.harmala] tea as cacti pesticide?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:04:26 AM »

P. harmala is a natural herbicide.
Different plants are more or less susceptible to it, but it would not be a good general insecticide.
Combining it with tobacco would make me nervous, lol. I've gotten strong enough buzzes off of skin contact with tobacco alone, I wouldnt want to find out if transdermal rue works.

For tiny things frolicking on cacti I spray with soapy water (dish soap, or castile soap if you want to go organic). It works for mealies too.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 04:52:37 AM »

Lololololooool ! :D Did you confuse your bugs organism with your own when coming up with this brew ?

I dont think your bugs have a liver so the P. Harmala wont make the tobacco mess more with them as it already does.
The tobacco is a good idea altho it effectiveness is a bit limited. I have recently used tobacco, with a little squish of a lemon for some acidity and a drop of dish washing soap as a surfactant. I used that on bugs with some but limited effect.

You might consider spraying youd plant with clean water and rinsing the soil much to get rid of any harmala in there.

Lets hope the plant makes it and the bugs dont :)

Auxin: That tea just sounds like it would go perfectly with breakfast. Honestly last time I made the tobacco tea for my bugs it smelled suprisingly pleasant :D ...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:55:48 AM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.

Auxin

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 07:25:19 PM »

I dont think your bugs have a liver so the P. Harmala wont make the tobacco mess more with them as it already does.
P. harmala is traditionally used as an insecticide. As a fumigant for the home, a wash for your hair, clothes, camels, whatever (do tripping camels dream of rainbow deserts?). Insects do produce MAO and some pesticides are, in fact, MAO inhibitors which is believed to contribute to their effectiveness.
The idea did have merit, its just that its allelopathic- a herbicide in many plants. It could be used on plants totally immune to the allelopathic effect, and they would look awesome under blacklight!  8)

When you have the plants in the bathroom, spraying them down with soapy water, you could fumigate the grow room with P. harmala seed smoke to kill the insects not on the plants. You could even sit in the smoke and make a party of it  :P

Radium

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 12:57:41 PM »

Other than the insects, the plants had developed some kind of black spots on them as well, probably due to receiving little light, and becoming weak and susceptible to all kinds of opportunistic organisms.
Anyway, after spraying the tobacco+espand mix, I put a knife on fire until it got red hot, then barbecued the blackies using the hot knife.
Then went ahead and got more adventurous, and implaed the red hot knife totally inside the plant until it exited from the other side.
The hotness instantly sealed and calloused any wound it produced.
Also did some random slashes here and there using the red hot knife again to see how much he can take.

It's been almost 1.5 months since the incident I guess, and the plant is looking awesome, more healthy than ever, scarred, BADass, and starting to turn blueish.
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Auxin

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 07:18:49 PM »

Your too kinky for me :p

AcaciaAve

• West Coast Zone 8b
  • Trading Score: +166
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 09:29:11 PM »

Radium where ya been? we all been  ???
Glad to see ya  :-*
Grow Phalaris grass
Climb Acacia Trees

Radium

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »

Busy preparing to escape from metropolitan life.
Only a few years until the great migration of Radium into the green world  :P

Seriously, phuck cities, and I mean it man!

Let me send a special hail to all the sub-urban areas of the earth!

My version of ideal world, the one I always imagine inside my head, is a tribalist earth consisted of many many small sub-urban tribes, inhabited by a pacifist variety of humans (genetically engineered, chemically controlled, whatever that prevents them from getting greedy and thinking about invading other tribes is good in my book).

Where in every tribe, everyone knows everyone, and is peacefully welcomed/accepted by other tribes if s/he ever decides to tour/migrate to other areas.

Seriously, let's end this stupid world, once forever, and begin a new era of human history, where wars, cities, countries, govs, greed, and jealously only exists in history books, to remind us the horrible results that these things are capable to produce.

I warn you, either surrender yourselves and end this funny stupid madness, or Radium will finally gas all of you with his Paxogen compound  :o
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 01:25:17 PM by Radium »

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2015, 07:37:28 PM »

The pax....hah! What you envision sounds like the movie "the giver"

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »

Never should have tasted the fruit.
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

Radium

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 12:43:26 AM »

The pax....hah! What you envision sounds like the movie "the giver"
Just looked it up.
While somewhat similar to my imagery earth, the idea of being "controlled" by the elders or anyone else doesn't belong in my earth.

No matter how (genetic editing; receiving daily doses of a "Paxogen" chemical; whatever)
But ALL the people are:

- Totally free, to the limit of not hurting others.
- They're "good people", all of them, who care, understand, and help others.
- They don't have any "bad traits", like jealously, envy, greed, etc; which are the seeds of what we are experiencing now and in the past.

Radium

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 06:57:12 PM »

Never should have tasted the fruit.
What fruit?