Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: [IMG] BB Code Help Please  (Read 12095 times)

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
[IMG] BB Code Help Please
« on: November 05, 2013, 01:35:28 AM »

I would like the background of this image on this post to be the same color as the forum background if possible;
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=5552;topic=870.0

I would also like to put 'ABSCISIC ACID' on the left side of it, as it is in the original article.

How could I go about doing this?

EDIT- I managed to get it reasonably close to the forum background color. Does ccs work in posts or only bbc? It doesn't seem to be working... Is there anyway you could enable ccs in posts or would that interfere with the forum functionality?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:51:45 AM by Sunshine »

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: [IMG] BB Code Help Please
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »

I would like the background of this image on this post to be the same color as the forum background if possible;
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=5552;topic=870.0

The background color of an image is generally implied in the image itself because it is part of the image, so changing it implies editing the image, as you did already. The exception to this would images with transparency (alpha channel). Once attached/embedded in a background, only the parts of the image with some opacity will appear, making the background visible. Transparency cannot be used in JPG, but it's possible in GIF and PNG, among others.

I would also like to put 'ABSCISIC ACID' on the left side of it, as it is in the original article.

Could you provide a link to the original article to see what you mean? I understand you refer to something different to the [left] bbcode tags.

Quote from: Sunshine
Does ccs work in posts or only bbc? It doesn't seem to be working... Is there anyway you could enable ccs in posts or would that interfere with the forum functionality?

Enabling CSS styles involves enabling HTML tags, and that is a global setting for the whole forum. It is not advised to enable it since it might compromise the forum security.

Kind regards,

Mandrake

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Hibernating
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:56:34 PM »

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:05:43 PM »

The page uses a table with one row and two columns, with the "Abscisic Acid" text vertically aligned in the left cell and the image in the right one. Tables can be used in BBcode, but vertical alignment is not available in BBcode tags, it can only be used in inline HTML.

If you wanted to show it precisely that way, I'd suggest capturing the reference screen, crop the header and replace colors using your image editor and the color picker tool for the background. But I think that for our forum purposes, placing the name and then the image below with [center] is more than acceptable.

Cheers,

Mandrake

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Hibernating
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:18:57 PM »

Yea, I agree. It looks fine. I just wanted it to look like the original but its not a big deal. Thanks for your help, Mandrake. :)