Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 2552 times)

Blackvine

Hello everyone
« on: October 27, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »

Hello everyone,

I'm finally in the position where I have my own house and large decent backyard, and have been looking forward to starting my first practical garden for a very long time.

Now that I'm ready to begin, I am actually a bit daunted and the only thing holding me back now is my own motivation.

I have no real prior gardening experience, but have been reading about various indoor and outdoor gardening techniques for a few years now. I've joined this forum because I don't know anyone else I know who is interested in enthnobotany and I would love to learn as much as I can about growing psychoactive plants, and share my passion with those around me.

I believe that growing our own food and entheogens is essential for long, lustrous and healthy life; I believe that networks such as this one are essential if we are to rekindle the mutual compassion and empathy that humans of massive society once shared with one another. I look forward to becoming a part of a community that I can be proud of.

If there's anything else anyone wants to know, please ask!

fairdinkumseeds

• Trading Score: +545
  • May you reap exactly what you sow......
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »

G'day Blackvine.
Nice to meet you.
Nothing better than a bit of dirt play with hey?
Plenty of folks here that know heaps more than me, so if your seeking knowledge this seems to be the place!
Sucks, but AU-OS trade isn't cost effective or reliable anymore. Aussie trade encouraged, especially for cactus, dragonfruit, and colour fruited columns.
Hit me up! --> fairdinkumseeds.com/contact

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »

Hello blackvine and thank you for joining.

There is of course a ton of information to learn about gardening, but once you have read some basics, the best way of learning is getting to work.

Start small, with not too challenging plants that are well acclimated to your area and are not too difficult to find (we may be able to help with this) and don't be afraid of making mistakes. Growing plants also brings you a whole new concept of time - you have to follow the plants timing, and often you'll find that, if anything, you need to relax and take it easy. When the first reward comes, either in the form of a few sprouts, or a happily thriving little shrub, or a little tomato harvest, you'll realize that if there's anything like a "green thumb", it has to do more with the relationship you develop with your plants than with innate talent or reading more books than anyone else.

Make a little list of what you want to grow -and perhaps fill in your starting "wish list" in your forum profile page- and harvest/buy a few seeds if you can, and just get started. Everything else will come along the way.

I don't even have a yard, and I've gardening for years :)

Check our Rules and FAQ or just ask if you have any questions, and welcome to STS. 

Mandrake