Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Nice to Be Here  (Read 8779 times)

cunningplatypus

• Trading Score: +317
Nice to Be Here
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »

Hello, fellow plantheads,

It's good to be here, in a forum that's hopping with enthusiasm and knowledge. I'm a gardener living in the beautiful Pacific North West, where pretty much everything grows like gangbusters. I've got a passion for all things flora, particularly for the 'power-plants' and interesting and unusual fruits. My own garden is chaos (neighborhood pets disappear with alarming frequency), but I kind of like it like that. No holding back Mother Nature.

I look forward to trading with you all. Thanks for having me.

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: Nice to Be Here
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 06:17:07 PM »

Thanks to you for joining :)

Looking forward to see you around the forums, I hope you enjoy the community.

Welcome to STS,

Mandrake

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:03:47 PM »

Welcome to STS my friend. I love the name! It's great!
Cactus = Life

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 07:27:19 PM »

Welcome to STS cunningplatapus. What do you mean by 'power plants'?

cunningplatypus

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »

Thanks for the welcome folks. Much appreciated!

By 'powerplants', I mean the entheobotanicals, or more generally, ethnobotanicals of all sorts. I'm deeply fascinated by the interconnection and relationships between man and plant.

Not a novel thought, I know, but how did folks in S.A. first know how to combine Aya and a DMT plant -- was is simply happenstance, or some deeper insight?

Why have some plants (Sally, Guayusa, etc.) apparently lost their ability to reproduce via seed? Why are some Brugs inevitably only found near human habitation?

Just fun questions to think about on a rainy afternoon.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I look forward to trading with you.

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Hibernating
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »

Now you have me wondering....hahaha
Seems like you'll fit right in here! :D

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »

Not a novel thought, I know, but how did folks in S.A. first know how to combine Aya and a DMT plant -- was is simply happenstance, or some deeper insight?

It's against the rules to talk about this sort of thing. Check out the Rules and FAQ. But none the less it is very interesting to think about.

Thanks.
Cactus = Life

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »

Welcome to STS!

Hcc

cunningplatypus

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »

It's against the rules to talk about this sort of thing. Check out the Rules and FAQ. But none the less it is very interesting to think about.

Thanks.

For reals? You think my question pondering one of the great mysteries of man and plantkind was out of bounds? That this was tantamount to a discussion of preparation?   

Just...wow.   

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Hibernating
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 10:24:57 PM »

Eh, I don't really think mandrake would have a problem with that.^^

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 11:36:57 PM »

Thanks.

For reals? You think my question pondering one of the great mysteries of man and plantkind was out of bounds? That this was tantamount to a discussion of preparation?   

Just...wow.   

I think New Wisdom just intended to leave a reminder, not to say you were discussing preparation or consumption of entheogens. Obviously, most of the people in this site know well that some of the ethnobotanical treasures we are interested in are involved in preparations like ayahuasca. Were not for that, we might not even have heard about them. Ayahuasca is not a taboo word.

Sadly, since many plant preparations and compounds are banned in many countries, and we don't want our members to break the law, we cannot allow talk about extraction, preparation or consumption when scheduled substances are involved because that may pose risks for the involved members and for the survival of the community. I think the reasons are quite clear. We focus on sharing, preserving and learning about the life of ethnobotanicals, and whenever the laws change, we'll be able to relax along with them.

But there is of course a difference between recognising the use of ayahuasca as a plant medicine, and discussing how to prepare it or consume it.

Kind regards,

Mandrake
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:38:46 PM by Mandrake »

New Wisdom

• Global Moderator
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 06:59:13 AM »

I didn't mean to offend. Sorry.  I usually remind new members to take a look at them anyways and that reminded me so I was just letting you know.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 06:59:40 AM by New Wisdom »
Cactus = Life

cunningplatypus

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 02:06:28 PM »

Thanks for clarifying everything guys, and apologies that I took it to heart.

I have no desire to discuss preparation or consumption of anything, short of a good kimchii recipe or a nice cuppa yerba mate. If that's out of bounds too, then so be it. There are plenty of other places on the Intertubes to learn alchemy. The true magic of watching a seed grow into a beautiful green being is profound enough for me. 

I will familiarize myself with the rules and regs to make sure that I'm not overstepping anywhere. Once again, let me say that I'm truly happy to be here, and poor houseguest that I am sometimes, thank you for having me.   

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 02:27:35 AM »

Hey you clever monotreme you! Good to see you here and welcome aboard.

If that phrase sounds familiar, it should. Will PM you (eventually, if I feel like it) with the reason why!  Unless you can guess it...  ;)
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

cunningplatypus

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

Doode!

What a lovely surprise to see your smiling face (furrowed unibrow, rosey-red cheeks) in these parts! I hope you're doing well in the land of chemtrails and 90 MPH freeways. I will hushily drop you a line soon, prolly today after a rousing afternoon reading of 'Goodnight Moon'.

BTW, your latest round of B. sacra are already popping! Thanks again for keeping me and my trowel out of the Promised Land.   
Pages: [1] 2