Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Trichocereus pachanoi ID?  (Read 1394 times)

viDda

Trichocereus pachanoi ID?
« on: September 30, 2022, 11:08:55 PM »

Picked this up at a local nursery today.  Hoping it's a TP.   Can you help ID it for me?  Thanks.  There were large ones too that I took pics of and will post after.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2022, 11:12:25 PM by viDda »

viDda

Re: Trichocereus pachanoi ID?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2022, 11:18:01 PM »

Here are some larger ones at the same nursery.  Help with ID please!  Thank you.

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 07:20:08 PM »

Yes they are all Pachanoi...
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

viDda

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 04:23:00 AM »

Thx modern.  Spent the last day reading and learning.  Now know the difference between PC and non Pachs.  Just have to practice now.  Do you think any of these are non PC?  I discovered some good vendors from my reading.  Ordering T pach "Cruelty/DaFuq/Nuestra Bonita" from Mallach's and looking at some others but a lot of stuff is SOLD OUT.

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 12:22:57 AM »

They all look like the PC clone. Homedepot and lowes have some altman pachanoi that are non-pc at times.

I may be against the majority but I would buy ANY non-pc pachanoi and ANY bridgesii... clone names are all bullshit IMO with very few exceptions. If you have the patience grow from seed... graft a few if you want or buy a single clone of each and don't fall into the name clones trap. These cacti are very easy to multiple and don't justify the prices they go for.

If you have the funds to burn or want to get into the seller market ignore my comments.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 11:22:50 PM by modern »
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

Greenmystery

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 09:26:08 PM »

If you're in the states check out Misplant
He has a great range of hybrids
Some are costly however there are "mystery" packs and can be bought cheap for a few hundred seeds
I think he also sells seedlings from time to time
I've had nothing but good results from his offerings
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"