Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Interesting plant... Phyllodium pulchellum  (Read 1647 times)

modern

• Trading Score: +199
Interesting plant... Phyllodium pulchellum
« on: May 09, 2022, 07:51:20 PM »

An old thread on shroomery was resurrected and was very interesting with a plant I've never seen mentioned before Phyllodium pulchellum.
MeanGreen said:
[image]/forums/thumbs/18-44/125255690-thumb_1541252535121551.jpg[/image] [image]/forums/thumbs/18-44/125255809-thumb_1541252534857641.jpg[/image] [image]/forums/thumbs/18-44/125255852-thumb_1541252534725588.jpg[/image]

Julian Palmer very generously offered to send me Phyllodium pulchellum seeds recently, and today they showed up in an envelope with a beautiful Sacred Lotus post-stamp. The ruler is in centimeters.
[image]/forums/thumbs/18-44/125314585-thumb_1541253129787741.jpg[/image] [image]/forums/thumbs/18-44/125304510-thumb_1541253027827775.jpg[/image]

Julian is a well-known Australian psychonaut, ethnobotanist, sacred plants advocate and public figure. Many know him as the inventor of Changa.
Recently, he went on a thrilling quest around the world for 5-MeO DMT plant sources. He talked about this adventure at the 2017 Entheogenesis Australis conference and posted a re-rendition of his talk on his youtube channel. A very, very highly recommended watch:

One of the last plants he investigated turned out to be Phyllodium pulchellum. It's an Asian plant with published analysis that proved extremely promising, containing not only much higher (~10x) levels of 5-MeO than the other plants he found, analysed and bioassayed during his research, but also DMT, Bufotenine and 6 unresearched beta-carbolines.

When he finally managed to locate the plant in Thailand after an unfruitful trip to Taiwan and bioassayed a tea made from the leaves, he realized this plant is most likely the best known candidate for the ancient Soma of the Vedas. It ticks all the boxes:
[image]/forums/thumbs/18-44/125233131-thumb_1541252310254845.jpg[/image]

Very little information and pictures of Phyllodium pulchellum seem to be available online, I hope to change this with this thread if my attempts at cultivating this beautiful plant are successful.

Interesting video he shared as well. http://youtube.com/v/vD1PwrdjhBE

Lot of members here like to grow and collect interesting plants so hopefully you have a new plant to add to your grow lists :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 07:52:52 PM by modern »
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

modern

• Trading Score: +199
Re: Interesting plant... Phyllodium pulchellum
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 04:18:00 PM »

Awesome please share updates on your thread :)
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

Greenmystery

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 08:05:19 PM »

Very interesting....another one I'd love to add to my collection.
I see garden shaman has seed (collected 2020)
Anyone have any a idea on how long they stay viable??
Can't seem to find any info.
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

Neebu

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +57
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 03:27:30 PM »

Anyone have any a idea on how long they stay viable??

I couldn´t find any info on that either, but I probably will find out if they are still viable.

For other people interested in germinating Phyllodium pulchellum:

It reproduces by seed in draining organic loam, maintained humid at the temperature of 24-26 °C, with times of germination of 5-7 days. Species with the characteristic inflorescences relatively diffused in the origin places, but almost unknown elsewhere, requires a tropical or humid subtropical climate, and exposition in full sun or slightly shaded and draining soils, rich of organic substance, maintained almost constantly humid.
https://www.monaconatureencyclopedia.com/phyllodium-pulchellum-2/?lang=en

It is hard to know if what is being distributed recently as Phyllodium pulchellum is correctly identified. It may in fact be Phyllodium longipes. Further research needs to be done as perhaps what Julian was distributing was in fact P. longipes. For this reason we simply explain that there is still uncertainty over the identity of this plant/seeds.
[...]
Seeds can be hot water treated as they ned scarification to increawe germination. Sow just under the surface of a good seed raising mix and germination should start in 2-4 weeks. Phyllodium pulchellum likes a full sun to part shade position. Nitrogen fixing perennial legume. Well drained soil. Drooping habit and showy flowers.
https://herbalistics.com.au/product/phyllodium-pulchellum-showy-desmodium-seed/

Seed germination of two medicinal plants: Desmodium Pulchellum (L.) Benth. and D. Triflorum (L.) DC
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/237019129_Seed_germination_of_two_medicinal_plants_Desmodium_Pulchellum_L_Benth_and_D_Triflorum_L_DC

"If You Listen, They Will Teach You" - United Plant Savers

Greenmystery

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2022, 07:17:01 PM »

@Neebu..Please let us know if you do get some to germ(and where you got them)
I can only order from Garden Shaman due to payment options
Will be cool to add this one to my collection (if it is indeed Phyllodium pulchellum being sold&the same one Julian did his research on)
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

Neebu

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +57
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2022, 09:00:07 AM »

Treated 30 Phyllodium pulchellum seeds bought from GardenShaman with hot water tek and let them soak in water for two days.
Put them between two moist kitchen paper towels.
After ten days first seed germinated, I hope it is not the only one.
"If You Listen, They Will Teach You" - United Plant Savers

Greenmystery

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2022, 01:34:51 PM »

Well one is certainly better than none but looks like there are a few nice and swollen looking like they wanna put out some roots 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻