Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: P. Harmala continually pushing buds but none opening  (Read 1472 times)

woolmer

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
P. Harmala continually pushing buds but none opening
« on: May 01, 2022, 08:46:36 AM »

I've got a few P. Harmala plants now between 4-6 weeks old. They started producing buds at about 2-3 weeks old. The one plant must have over 150 buds now... But none want to open, and they look a bit different to the images of P. Harmala buds on google. Perhaps they just need more time to develop? It seems many are stalled in development.

One thing to note is that we are heading into winter soon. I am not sure why they are already producing buds but I think it may be due to having quite a bit of consistent rainfall over these weeks.

woolmer

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
Re: P. Harmala continually pushing buds but none opening
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 09:01:54 AM »

Some buds have started to split open and turn brown/grey. Still not too sure what is causing this. I would have expected at least one bud from all the hundreds on various plants to fully develop into a flower.

RatsboggleBiological

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 02:58:59 PM »

Some things I would try, when the flower or buds fail, is to increase light exposure and increase phosphorus.

Looks outdoor, can you cut anything overhead for more light?

arborescent

• Trading Score: +33
  • phytognostic
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 12:34:48 AM »

That looks like a plant in the sunflower family to me.

P. harmala has similar looking leaves but quite different than those if you're familiar. The flowers are different too. Best of luck to you, viable P. harmala seeds are easy to obtain, I could mail you some easily if you wanted even.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 12:40:16 AM by arborescent »