Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Share about the method of plant propagation that works for you.  (Read 5977 times)

Icu.sml

How do you usually propagate your favorite plants and rare plants?  I am a tissue culturer.  And I feel this method is the best at the moment.  I can clone up to 1000 plants with 100% parent characteristics and they are perfectly healthy and uniform.  With this method with only one leaf or a small branch I can still propagate the plant in large numbers.  Please share your propagation methods.

Greenmystery

Re: Share about the method of plant propagation that works for you.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »

For me the trusted old seeds and cuttings are my go to methods
There is a micropropagation//Tissue Culture thread
I know there a a few that I'm sure would be happy to have some help& hear of your techniques ect
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 01:08:35 PM »

Old thread but I’ll post mine… I tried tissue culture but too much work in a home environment without investing enough. Cloning is great but I prefer seed grown since genetic diversity is what I value most now… clones of certain plants are needed even for mass seed production but mass sowing is my favorite and perderes propagation Methodist says even if it takes longer for mature plants.
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

ONandONandON

• Trading Score: +76
  • Looking 4 Supercalifragilistic Expialidocious Spp.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 04:57:32 PM »

i'd say my favorite has to be good ol' glass of water, seed planting is good too,
but i'd definitely like to hear more about any of your micropropigation work..
i'm trying to eventually get a simple home lab going to do more micropro stuff.
we all come from the garden and to it we shall return