Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Salvia potentillifolia  (Read 1755 times)

sapla

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +36
Salvia potentillifolia
« on: May 17, 2021, 10:15:15 PM »

hello, my s. potentillifolia has a serious problem, leaves turn white and the plant has difficulty growing. I don't know if it is lacking in nutrients or something else, but I can see it is weakening. I clean it regularly so that there are no little beasts sucking the sap. someone might have an idea when they see the photo. thank you

chronic

• Trading Score: +97
Re: Salvia potentillifolia
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 12:01:23 AM »

It looks like mould to me. Specifically mildew or downy mildew. In French Mildiou? I would try a spray against it. Good luck that your plant gets well quickly.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 01:54:43 PM »

Mold is a possibility.  It may be beneficial to spray with apple cider vinegar solutions or baking soda solutions.  Either or works great for mildew on squashes etc.  Maybe a copper fungicide would be ok too. The extremes of ph changes usually kills most molds no matter which you use.
Spreading love!

sapla

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +36
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 09:02:59 PM »

thanks for your advices. after solving the mold problem, the leaves dry up, and fall off. the plant is dying and I don't know how to avoid the end. this plant seems very difficult to grow ... very fragile and very sensitive. this is the last plant I have and i will no have a local source to obtain it ... so I need a solution soon before the end ... maybe  3 or 4 days of life...