Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Problem with sign up - verification email doesn't send  (Read 6884 times)

Pollinator

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +215
Problem with sign up - verification email doesn't send
« on: April 26, 2021, 10:21:14 AM »

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:40:24 AM by Pollinator »

jbz711

• Subversive Garden Installer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +61
  • 8b/9a
Re: Problem with sign up - verification email doesn't send
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 01:41:45 AM »

This is an ongoing problem. We can gain no new members until it is fixed. I just outfitted a new ethno grower with a mini collection and told him to join but he's encountering the same issue.  Can an admin take a look at this or PM me to try to help set up the account manually?
We must cultivate our garden. - Voltaire

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 04:04:05 AM »

I'll take this to the top and see if we can't get this resolved. 
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 05:03:24 PM »

Hi folks, I've just read this and checked the error log. Yep, its riddled with messages like 'Your email address needs to be validated before you can login. - sophiacx18'.
Now long story short:
Trav would be the qquickest to fix it as he legally has access to servers and knows what they set up.

Long story:
As far as I am aware (its ages since ive been getting my mail) the forum uses SMTP as mail protocol and mail.spandres.com as a provider. I am not 100% sure wether this is the mail settings the forum software uses for the verification email (maybe someone can PM me plaintext code of a signup mail that did go out recently) and wether Trav would mind us doing so but if both is a 'yes' it will be easy to set up a working email account.

Btw has anyone checked if the same is happening over at the nexus or wether the aparent sender of the nexus signup emails has changed recently ? Just asking not implying theres any connection.

Praise is mandatory.