Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Problem with sign up - verification email doesn't send  (Read 125 times)

SallysMintGarden

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +151
Problem with sign up - verification email doesn't send
« on: April 26, 2021, 10:21:14 am »

Recently 2 people who I brought over to STS, Rastabilly and greatsalt, had problems with the sign up process in that they never received a verification email to complete their accounts and be able to access them. I had to approve them in the admin panel. I thought perhaps this was just a glitch that day as it was on the same day, however I have now seen another report elsewhere on the internet from someone I don't know saying the same thing.
I have now also tested it myself with a dummy account I tried to create and I am having the same issue.

Please can an Admin check on the issue with the email verification issue as I am unable to do it as a Mod.

Many thanks,
SMG

Update 30th April - Another person I brought over, canned.dirt, also didn't receive the verification email so I activated their account in the Admin panel.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 04:49:40 pm by SallysMintGarden »

jbz711

• Subversive Garden Installer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +61
  • 8b/9a
Re: Problem with sign up - verification email doesn't send
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2021, 01:41:45 am »

This is an ongoing problem. We can gain no new members until it is fixed. I just outfitted a new ethno grower with a mini collection and told him to join but he's encountering the same issue.  Can an admin take a look at this or PM me to try to help set up the account manually?
We must cultivate our garden. - Voltaire

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 04:04:05 am »

I'll take this to the top and see if we can't get this resolved. 
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

SallysMintGarden

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +151
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 11:14:24 am »

You should have limited acceas to the Admin panel as well jbz which will allow you to do this, I will message you how to manually approve their account for the time being whilst the issue is being looked at.

Thanks for your help Bach