Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Mold on salvia recognita leaf  (Read 1785 times)

sapla

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +36
Mold on salvia recognita leaf
« on: April 18, 2021, 02:48:01 PM »

Hi,
i have a problem with my salvia recognita (and spathacea). leaves turn white because a fungus grows on them.When I clean them with soft toothbrush, the leaf turns green or brown again if the fungus is too encrusted (in this case I cut the leaf) Has anyone this problem, where does it come from and how to solve it?

chronic

• Trading Score: +97
Re: Mold on salvia recognita leaf
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 03:32:28 PM »

If the weather is often humid, as it is in spring, this mould form it. If there are not too many infested areas, remove the leaves. Do not throw them into the garden because the spores can survive in the soil and multiply.  Then spray the plants with an extract of Horsetail- Equisetum or another Equisetum species. At least in my country there are liquids of Equisetum to strengthen the plants. The mould does not like the silicon it contains. Alternatively, you can use a decoction of Tanacetum vulgare (I hope it grows in your area) or garlic. Tanacetum vulgare is also good against insects as it is poisonous for them. For Garlic, crush four cloves of garlic and pour over a litre of boiling water. Leave to cool and spray over. Repeat if necessary.
In the past, copper solution was used. In many European countries this is forbidden because it contaminates the soil.