Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Mitragyna´s seeds guide  (Read 5403 times)

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
Mitragyna´s seeds guide
« on: February 09, 2017, 08:19:23 PM »

Hello friends,

I remember when I get my hands for the first time on a Kratom seed pod and didnt knew what to do with it..

So I create this post in order to help new ethno enthusiasts to correctly identify seeds of this relevant species.

Hope it helps someone, somewere..

Enjoy  ;)

This is a Seed Pod

each seed pod contains around 50 -80 Single Pods

and inside this single seed pods you will find the seeds

Each single seed pod contains hundreds of tinny seeds

The total amount of seeds on a single seed pod can go up to 10000 seeds !

Now,  just sow this micro seeds as fast as you can on the surface of a moist and harm soil and in 1/2 weeks you will have little kratom seedlings!

Good luck!  ;)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:14:15 PM by Roze »
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

rakeandbake

• TF Mod
  • Trading Score: +181
  • In the moment.....
Re: The Mitragyna speciosa seeds guide
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 03:28:25 AM »

Very informative post Roze! I wished it had been up back in October when I planted my hirsuta. I didnt know the small pods broke up smaller yet. I had many many little microscopic plants come up on top of each other. After many tedious hours of transplanting them I was lucky to be left with some good looking plants. Here they are today in the attachment. Thanks again Roze, im sure this post will save much aggravation for our members! 😊
Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others.
~Timothy Leary~

BrownThumb

Re: Mitragyna´s seeds guide
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 03:42:00 AM »

I've been on the site for about 20 min and already learned more than i knew!

Question, do you cover the seeds at all or just leave them on the surface like poppy?

rakeandbake

• TF Mod
  • Trading Score: +181
  • In the moment.....
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 03:48:39 AM »

I wet my medium down with a squirt bottle. Stir it up for uniform moisture content. When it appears uniformly fluffy with little cracks and holes in the surface I call it good.I dont tamp it down, I sprinkle them on the surface and whatever falls in those cracks gets to stay there. That way part of them are on the surface and part of the are directly under. I then will squirt the surface down with the same waterbottle. That way those holes and cracks kind of fill in but the soil isnt compacted by any tamping. I dont know the appropriate answer honestly but they seemed to sprout well from both depths. Id also be interested to hear how others have done it.
Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others.
~Timothy Leary~

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:37:26 PM »

Anyone know the shelf life of these seeds? I remember ordering a hundred or so and only getting several sprouts. How long to maturity @Rose, i assume that pod is from your tree?
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

valec

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +9
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 09:46:03 PM »

Sorry for digging up the old thread. If anyone still cares: I got some Kratom seeds that were harvested in January. I distributed them over the surface of coco choir (do not cover them, they need light, humidity and a temperature > 20°C) in a humidity dome at the beginning of May, one week later they all germinated. So you may read online that they have to be planted immediately, but that's not true - 4-5 months storage seems perfectly fine (though I don't know how the trader stored the seeds).

Anyway, I have hundreds of tiny tiny seedlings now. It is quite amazing how many you get and how small they are. We'll see how many survive.

RatsboggleBiological

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 06:00:22 PM »

About to break up my seed pod and put it on soil. Can't wait!