Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Caapi and P. Viridis issues  (Read 1849 times)

Jfart

Caapi and P. Viridis issues
« on: February 27, 2021, 06:39:37 AM »

Tent humidity is around 75 rh
Tent temp is 65F nights - 85F days

Two of my plants are looking rough. I tested the soil run off on the viridis today using distilled water and it presented to be around 7ph. Soil was a little dry but the pot felt heavy as if  the soil was water logged since a friend had watched my house when I was away.
I’m waiting on espoma soil acidifier but have never used it. Any first hand advice on using it would be nice.

Also, I live in Iowa and we had 10 days where it was cold...  -20* Below 0 night time temps. I live in a 100 year old house that gets drafty next to my terrarium. May have gotten cold drafts around as low as 50*F but it would be consistently that cold considering it’s a heated tent. 

The caapi was was over watered too and is now showing browning of the tips and slow growth but the soil finally dried up enough today that it needed a little water. I have several different plants in this tent that are all doing well.

I’ve seen a lot of problems with both of these plants on this forum but none present the exact same. Any diagnosis or solution would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 06:51:35 AM by Jfart »

Auti

Re: Caapi and P. Viridis issues
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 11:10:37 PM »

. I do know caapi doesn't like change of environment and needs time to adapt to other environments. Maybe your plants will do better when spring begins. I know mine will. Winter sucks.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 11:19:41 PM by Auti »

Jfart

Re: Caapi and P. Viridis issues
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 09:53:37 PM »

. I do know caapi doesn't like change of environment and needs time to adapt to other environments. Maybe your plants will do better when spring begins. I know mine will. Winter sucks.

I have since started feeding with distilled water from my dehumidifier and added soil acidifier to the pot. The viridis is doing much better. It’s got a new leaf set and the set isn’t disgorged. The caapi still has its green leaves, it’s brown leaves fell off but is still alive. It presents to be growing very slowly. I think it was over watered and is slowly coming back. I gave it a slight water once with soil acidifier in the water and the pot still feels a little heavy. I’ll update the grow log soon with photos