Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Caapi browning tips  (Read 1429 times)

Auti

Caapi browning tips
« on: January 19, 2021, 10:56:19 PM »

Hello,

What is the first thing that comes to mind when seeing this?

I don't know what to do... Water more, let it dry out, fertilise.... I'm worried.

A few weeks after the problem with the browning tips and yellowing leaves started I put it in higher RH. I gave it a good watering with half strength fertiliser. New growing tips were emerging -I guess because of the ferts- but something tells me I'm overwatering also? Some leaves are turming yellow and drop after a while.

After I realised I may be overwatering, I put the container in a tray of dry perlite. The perlite soaks the moisture out of the soil a bit, and roots are now growing into the perlite. Are the roots looking for dryer medium?

Am I overwatering? This is a very finnicky plant. Can't wait for spring to begin...

Thank you.

Auti

Re: Caapi browning tips
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 10:37:41 PM »

I've repotted it. Turns out the soil was way to heavy and waterlogged. The roots were healthy but very underdevelopped. I repotted it in lighter, commercial soil. Fingers crossed that it survives the transplant. Some roots broke off and I also broke off a growing tip  :(
I won't be at ease untill it starts growing again.

Greenmystery

Re: Caapi browning tips
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 11:13:42 AM »

Hope your caapi back with some lush growth!!🌱
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"