Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Seeking suggestions on how to deal with a fungal infection on young Trichocereus  (Read 2106 times)

SCoffen

• Trader

Hey everyone, some of my Trichocereus have what I assume is a fungal infection thats spreading. I've isolate them from healthy plants and treated with copper fungicide but it hasn't had much effect. Just hoping maybe someone who's dealt with something similar could offer any advice.

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all

Daconil works well for me. It isn’t systemic, so it works on the surface and won’t absorb into the plant.

Of course, always use a well draining soil mix and don’t overwater.

That doesn’t look too bad though. It is mostly already healed. The tan color is scarring that will never go away. Black or red indicates actively growing fungus.
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

Greenmystery

I agree with psylockes sound advice...
That's minor damage and your plant will be fine
"Through seed satyagraha we will disobey every law engineered by corporations that violate the rights of nature, farmers rights and our rights to seed freedom and food freedom"

SCoffen

• Trader

It doesn't seem to have gotten worse but they're still showing signs of an infection for sure. Bubbling under the skin that heals into these tan spots. The soil is about as well draining as it gets being mostly pumice with ocean forest, worm castings, and the tiniest bit of bone meal. It seems to be a systemic infection that I'll just have to deal with. Is Daconil supposed to...goopy? I picked some up and the viscosity is odd for something sold in a spray bottle to say the least. It luckily hasn't spread to my seedlings but I have treated them with a systemic fungicide which wasn't ideal but I couldn't tolerate losing them with how much time effort and money I've put into doing this right.

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all

I always get it in concentrate that I use at about 1tbsp per gallon. Never bought the spray bottle. Maybe just needs a good shake?
Undergoing the formality of being alive.