Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hello Friends (Please Help!)  (Read 1515 times)

xlcor

Hello Friends (Please Help!)
« on: September 12, 2020, 08:29:53 PM »

I'm interested in planting and propagating a few specific plants: tabernanthe iboga, mimosa hostilis, ipomoea tricolor, nymphaea caerulea, the sundry solanacea plants, and some friendly cacti. I've never grown any plant before and so to say I'm naive is an extreme understatement. I hope to learn the wonders of gardening with you beautiful people, while cultivating wonderful medicines in the process.

Also, can anyone tell me what the answers for Date of Bicycle Day and R. E. Schultes alma mater are? Answers which don't work for Date: 04/19/1943; 19/04/1943; April 19th, 1943; April 19, 1943; 19 April, 1943. Answers which don't work for Alma Mater: Harvard University; Harvard; harvard. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:31:07 PM by xlcor »

RatsboggleBiological

Re: Hello Friends (Please Help!)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 08:51:10 PM »

-
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 06:32:03 PM by RatsboggleBiological »

xlcor

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 05:40:41 AM »

I've purchased some Mimosa tenuiflora and Vaccinium corymbosum seeds. Looking forward to experimenting with their germination! I'll start them off in some solo cups with a mixture of 3:1 potting soil/perlite and multipurpose fertilizer, based just off Ratsboggle reply. I'll be looking into some YouTube content as well.

foo25amc

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +5
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 10:05:42 AM »

Welcome to the community xclor!

I'm also very new to growing ethnobotanicals, but I agree with RatsboggleBiological - make use of the extensive information online, YouTube videos and information on this forum, and you'll very quickly begin to build a basic knowledge of how to begin your journey.

Some members here are incredibly generous with seeds, plant and advice. I have a small number of Ipomoea tricolor seeds, which I've found grow very quickly and with very little effort. It's a climbing vine, so you'll require something like a bamboo stake or trellis, but if you you can provide something similar, it's a very species to get started with.

In the spirit of the community, if you'd like a few Ipomoea tricolor seeds to start your collection, I'd be happy to send a few your way :)