Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Acacias in small pots , can it be done ?  (Read 4578 times)

MRTree

• Trading Score: +67
Acacias in small pots , can it be done ?
« on: September 02, 2019, 08:13:53 PM »

I've not too much experience with acacias . I've had a couple Madenii over the years and they seemed to not like small pots and transplanting .

Has anyone had success with floribundas or acuminata s and Madenii in small quart pots to live to pot binding stages and then transplanting ? I would be very intrigued to hear some stories
what rose and iris and carnation so intensely signified was nothing more, and nothing less, than what they were, a transience that was yet eternal life, a perpetual perishing..source
of all existence

Scarlet Dragon

• Free the mind . . . Free the mind. . . .
Re: Acacias in small pots , can it be done ?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 04:06:40 PM »

I have a couple of confusa in gallon pots and they are doing well. One is about 2ft after 8 months. A few are even sharing a pot with datura. Maybe not a great idea but I figure I will repot then after the datura dies. I plan on bringing them back inside for the winter. I'm in zone 7a
"'Human beings are infinitely more complex and mysterious than our wildest fantasies.'" -D.J. The Power of Silence

Toxicodendron

• Trading Score: +88
Re: Acacias in small pots , can it be done ?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 11:50:22 PM »

Acuminata repotted okay for me, and didn’t mind standard pots. IME, they don’t have the same tap root finicky problem that NSW eastern Acacias have. I’ve heard floribunda are similarly tolerant, but don’t have much personal experience with them.