Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is trading or giveaways of P.Somniferum OK?  (Read 5030 times)

Lukas123

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +64
  • High on Life
Is trading or giveaways of P.Somniferum OK?
« on: January 27, 2018, 02:02:35 AM »

Is it ok to discuss, trade, do giveaways etc. of P.Somniferum seeds (opium poppy)?
They are legal to grow where i live but mabe not in all countries.
Just thought i ask before posting anything with these.

Regards
Lukas123
Give a man a bread and he will have food for one day. Teach him to grow plants and he will spend all day in the garden drinking beer.

Desolus

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +14
  • Grow a pair and fly the black
Re: Is trading or giveaways of P.Somniferum OK?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 03:51:32 AM »

given that trades are arranged OUTSIDE of STS, no trade is against the rules.

Personally I think the rules are beautifully crafted to keep the average moron from incriminating themselves in an open forum. As I read the rules, it is illegal ACTIVITY that is forbidden from discussion; and given that it is legal for you to grow, possess, sell, trade, or do any number of things with that plant and it's products, you can talk about it in the forum, which includes a seed giveaway.

However, there are things which are illegal for you to do in your locale, and you should not talk about doing those things as per the forum rules.

*goes back to glassware shopping for his entirely legal lab-or-atory oporations*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 03:55:09 AM by Desolus »

danzick

• Trading Score: +238
  • So many seeds, so little time.
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 09:54:09 AM »

Is it ok to discuss, trade, do giveaways etc. of P.Somniferum seeds (opium poppy)?
They are legal to grow where i live but mabe not in all countries.
Just thought i ask before posting anything with these.

Regards
Lukas123

Just look through the trading section.  You'll see poppy seeds frequently.  Sooooooo....   obviously it must be OK.   ;) :D

Lukas123

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +64
  • High on Life
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 02:35:18 PM »

OK.
The rules seem to be constructed well.
Where i live it´s OK to grow these plants but if i for example should start scoring the pods and collecting the result, it is illegal.
So if not doing or talking about illegal things it is allowed in the forum.
Seems fair.

Thank you for the input.
Give a man a bread and he will have food for one day. Teach him to grow plants and he will spend all day in the garden drinking beer.

Desolus

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +14
  • Grow a pair and fly the black
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 03:07:04 PM »

Seems fair.   

"Fair" it is not, it is however smart. Fair would be us doing whatever the hell we want to do with no reason to have anything inside of us but courage.

As it stands, we are, all under the same oppression. And as such we are looking out for each others interests in what I can only describe with the best of praise.

So if not doing or talking about illegal things it is allowed in the forum.

As such, no one here cares if you do something illegal, we only care about you incriminating yourself or others in an open forum. In fact, I'd venture so far as to say we are all encouraging you from our seats. Or in this particular case, a porcelain throne...

Take courage, brother.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 03:12:30 PM by Desolus »

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 04:21:58 PM »

Thank you for asking before posting. When in doubt...

It's pretty simple- cannabis and psilocybin mushroom spores are not supposed to be traded. Other viable cuttings, spores and seeds are fine. Members are expected to know their own local laws and adhere to them, and if you are hoping to surprise someone by sending some extra seeds/cuttings in a giveaway, ask before sending anything besides strictly ornamentals.

Discussion of consumption or preparation of anything for consumption is not allowed, as we're just focused on keeping plants living (and our members safe, since we share address, etc).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:26:55 PM by Frog Pajamas »

Papaver

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 02:51:28 PM »

Thank you for asking before posting. When in doubt...

It's pretty simple- cannabis and psilocybin mushroom spores are not supposed to be traded. Other viable cuttings, spores and seeds are fine. Members are expected to know their own local laws and adhere to them, and if you are hoping to surprise someone by sending some extra seeds/cuttings in a giveaway, ask before sending anything besides strictly ornamentals.

Discussion of consumption or preparation of anything for consumption is not allowed, as we're just focused on keeping plants living (and our members safe, since we share address, etc).

This says it all.

On Second thought, I'll assume that discussions of processing/harvesting of freshly-harvested P. Somniferum seed with the sole intention of it being used for culinary purposes(e.g. making lemon poppyseed muffins, poppyseed banana bread, etc.) to be beyond the scope of permitted consumption talk, as I don't wanna follow my friend's' fate.

The only reason I ask about using freshly harvested P. Somniferum seed for making food is that a) I fucking love using poppyseed whenever preparing baked goods, and b) I would be enthralled at the possibility of making homemade poppyseed banana bread made from home-grown, heirloom strains of P. Somniferum seed.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:58:10 PM by Papaver »