Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Is it safe to share picture?  (Read 5443 times)

madmonkeyz

• Trading Score: +2
  • To see things in the seed, that is genius. Lao Tzu
Is it safe to share picture?
« on: August 20, 2017, 07:03:55 AM »

I really want to share pictures of my plant but I am in doubt about the security. Is it safe? Anyone have the same concern? What you do to make sure it is safe?

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
Re: Is it safe to share picture?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:48:16 AM »

I really want to share pictures of my plant but I am in doubt about the security. Is it safe? Anyone have the same concern? What you do to make sure it is safe?

What is the species' name (if it's an heirloom strain, which variant?)? Most plant pictures sans a few super duper grey area ones (DO NOT POST ANY PIX OF CANNABIS GROWING AS ITS ILLEGAL IN MOST OF THE WORLD) are fine to post here. If in doubt, feel free to state its scientific name in this thread or via PM to a mod/admin, and we would be more than caapi to answer your questions/concerns. BubbleCat and Nobody are excellent resources for protecting such information, as they are admins with good backgrounds in computer sciences, and would be happy to help with such concerns as well.

If in doubt, PM an admin.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

madmonkeyz

• Trading Score: +2
  • To see things in the seed, that is genius. Lao Tzu
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 11:56:39 AM »

Just b.caapi and p.viridis.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 01:24:55 PM »

Just b.caapi and p.viridis.

Those are kosher to post here! We have entire megathreads dedicated to propagating and growing those Sacred Plant Teachers; it's common to see posts brimming with shots of caapi and PV (and/or P. Nexus, or any other psychotria for that matter of a fact).

I do not know which country you inhabit, but in my locale--FL, USA--these plants are completely licit so as long as they are not consumed, nor prepared for human consumption in any way/shape/form, and are grown for ornamental purposes  ;)

Our community loves these Plant Teachers. So as long as your posts containing pics of these do not involve any allusion to consuming them or preparing them for human consumption, you're in the clear. For all Big Brother knows, you'd just be a little fishy showing off some glamour shots of your prized plants on STS for any purpose sans anything related to human consumption or preparation for consumption (please remember that no one here wants a surprise 4 AM visit from their local SWAT team, and we wanna keep the heat down to luke warm at the very most, and absolute zero at the very best).

I am eager to see your PV and Caapi collection; don't think twice, it's alright.

Keep it Koshah,
Mangrove

TL;DR it's ok to post pictures of P. Viridis and B. Caapi on STS.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:27:14 PM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 08:25:49 PM »

STS strips all EXIF data. Your picture will not be linked to you, a camera or a location.

If paranoid: Avoid showing landscapes, architexture anything specific to location and blur out or dont show fingers as those have prints that can be perfectly used for digital processing in a set up ('stoner kills ... is this and that plant the road to hell ?')
Praise is mandatory.

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 12:05:46 AM »

It is absolutely possible to track down the address of a poster picture or not. . . .

Its just a question of how easy or hard it is to do so, and if someone would want to do so in the first place .
III%

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 10:20:41 AM »

If you are a private actor it is not possible to track down the location a picture was taken or the whereabouts of the poster. (Given that there is no obvious clues in the picture, post a wild endemic plant or a road sign and its obviously a different matter).

If there is an actor with governmental powers like issuing warrants and coercing internet service providers into playing dirty games, it certainly is. But in that case its irrelevant if you post pictures or just log on.

However: If you stick to the rules you have no reason to fear to begin with (given that you are not governed by a highly oppressive regime).

(I should use external image hosting, this scales down large pictures, or chop it.)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 10:35:25 AM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.