Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Please help with ID!  (Read 2925 times)

objektform

Please help with ID!
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:20:17 AM »

Hello! Could you please let me know if this is Pachanoi? The flowers of the mother plant look very similar to pachanoi, but maybe similar only to my untrained eye. Any help would be hugely aprreciated as I was planning to buy this from someone.

DansMaTete

Re: Please help with ID!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:21:49 PM »

Nice little cereus.

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:17:24 PM »

Looks like Peruvian apple cactus
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

cactusjames

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 06:45:30 AM »

Yea that's not a Trichocereus pachanoi. It's definitely a Cereus peruvianus(common name - "Peruvian Apple Cactus").
  Sorry. But I would still recommend buying it for sure...and then planting it outdoors where it gets plenty of light. Unless you live somewhere where it gets extremely cold during winter(In which case plant it in a large pot that you can bring indoors in colder weather). It grows large and in a columnar pattern....produces large beautiful flowers and large apple shaped fruit that looks like Dragon Fruit/Kiwi on the inside. Some say its even tastier than Dragon Fruit.
  I actually just got like 5 cuttings of this cactus off of someone through the OfferUp website. They are HUGE cuttings that prob weigh ~40 lbs +. All I had to do was trade a couple agave suckers that I have all over my yard, an aloe sucker, and a few Dragon Fruit cuttings that I was going to cut off anyway. AMAZING DEAL!

So yea, buy the cactus if you aren't just looking for a high. If you are...you're looking at the wrong species anyway.... T. bridgesii is a much better/safer bet when it comes to that subject. But I recommend buying cacti to grow...not eat.

Good luck! ...and don't pay more than $20 if you can.

-cj-

oro604

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +10
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 02:09:28 PM »

The Echinopsis pachanoi have rounded ribs. These are very thin and sharp, so obviously not Echinopsis pachanoi
CORVUS  OCULUM CORVI NON ERUIT