Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fixing politics in the US by US  (Read 2420 times)

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
Fixing politics in the US by US
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »

Anyone here familiar with and organization called "US" at www.represent.us ?

I think it was here on sts that someone, maybe in chat, either posted something about it or something that led me to it.  I can' t remember but wow, I'm kinda of encouraged.  I understand it is a long term plan but I also feel like there is something out there that I could actually get behind.  Looking for any critiques that might help whether I should join the movement.  What do ya'll think?

This is a page on their website that has two videos that explain the problem and the proposed solution very well. 

https://represent.us/#learn-more

Thanks for whoever posted something that led me to it  ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 08:06:09 PM by SoulGrower »
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
Re: Fixing politics in the US by US
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:42:21 AM »

Hey man!

I'll check out the link you posted as I hadn't heard of this yet.

However there's a liberty alliance movement here in FL that has some real solutions albeit kinda conservative in nature. But really when you look at the fundamental stuff it ain't what most people think it is. I'll try and find a link to post here about their group. It is USA wide though too.

Has a lot to do with restoring common law and fixing issues such as the right to allodial titles and such. The whole concept of allodial titles is crazy to think that nonchalantly "they" stole that type of rights from us and swept it away so cleanly like nobody's even aware of this...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:45:39 AM by MadPlanter »
Spreading love!

SoulGrower

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »

What up MP!  I have to admit, I had to google allodial titles.  I guess I always knew fundamentally that the govt can always come and take or do whatever they want to any land.  I even directly experienced this with my own property.  I have utility lines running above my back fence and the utility has something like a 15' easement to each side of the fence, which is all of my backyard and onto my back porch...  Well, one day the util co showed up and proceeded to cut my 30' rainbow eucalyptus to the ground... think i ranted about it on here before.  I was lucky and the tree survived and is actually doing well.  But one day, they'll be back to chop it again  :-\  Nothing I can do about it.  The util has the right granted, i guess, by this allodial title that the city actually has over my property.

As far as The Anti-Corruption Act proposed by represent.us, the only legitimate criticism I have been able to find is that there may be a potential for more well known political candidates to end up getting more financing for campaigns than lesser known candidates.  What little other critique I could find comes from clearly biased camps that don't want to loose the outsider donations.

I'm going to sign up for the option to help locally and see what happens and what I learn.  So far, I don't see any downside and I'm really starting to think this is exactly the kind of grassroots movement that is needed.
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

SoulGrower

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 05:40:34 PM »

btw, here is a link where you can download a copy of The Anti-Corruption Act

It's very easy to read.  The only part that gets a little fuzzy for me is how campaign financing will be funded by voter allotments.  The rest is pretty straight forward and I think if you found someone that disagreed with it you'd clearly have to question their intent.  It's pretty much like it sounds.. Anti Corruption.  Who would argue with that?
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis