Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Help plant 5000 Ayahuasca vines  (Read 7163 times)

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
Help plant 5000 Ayahuasca vines
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:55:19 PM »

Hello friends,

Have a look at this and help if you can :)

https://www.gofundme.com/plantayahuasca

The Garden of Peace is a small shamanic medicine center in Northern Peru. We work with Ayahuasca and Master Plants in a traditional way. Our replanting efforts cover the usage of the center but we have a chance now for a larger sustainability project and we need your help.

The Ayahuasca vine takes minimum 5 years to mature and 10 plus is better. The combined forces of deforestation and rapidly increasing global demand  means Peru's natural supply of Ayahuasca is reaching a critical low.

We need to replant in the wild.
We need to do it now.

We have been offered a plot of virgin jungle perfect for growing large amounts of Ayahuasca, we can protect it from deforestation and continue to heal generations in the future.  We need to act quickly to secure this land.

With your help will be able to privately plant 5000 Ayahuasca saplings on this site and incorporate the property safely under the protection of our existing organisation.

Whoever you are, wherever you are if you have been drinking this medicine, or know someone who has benefited from it please ask yourself...how have you contributed to replacing it?

Any donations to  this project will come directly to us at The Garden of Peace to assist with buying the land, ayahuasca saplings and the replanting work itself.

Most importantly this contribution to the sustainability of a very sacred healing plant supports the ongoing expansion of consciousness on planet earth.

Gracias de la Madre.
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +172
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
Re: Help plant 5000 Ayahuasca vines
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 06:31:22 PM »

Im planting this many in florida can i get some moneys

Lololol jk thanks for sharing. This is something i would want to do in peru

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 05:46:57 AM »

Im planting this many in florida can i get some moneys

Lololol jk thanks for sharing. This is something i would want to do in peru

I can help with that; if you can propagate the vines, I can pay the shipping and plant them ad libitum throughout the Keys and The Gator Nation.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:05:56 PM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:51:22 AM »

I have told you that they are quite invasive and to only grow it on something that you can control.

Florida is in a delicate ecological state and to unleash these serpent plants would surely kill entire forests of Live Oaks and Pines. Which are already dwindling in population.

Please be respectful to the native plants that are already here. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT INTRODUCE INVASIVE SPECIES IN THE WILD.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:57:36 AM by Chicsa »

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 04:54:44 AM »

We need a cool gardener on this!
Cool gardeners plant Ayahuasca vines because it has a very rich American history and beauty <3 <3 <3
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

cactusman

• Trading Score: +9
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 01:01:25 AM »

honestly Chicsa Florida is fucked ecologically lol :/ but yea don't plant caapi in the wild it is super invasive....

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 03:40:58 PM »

honestly Chicsa, Florida is fucked ecologically

There are quite a few threads around these boards confirming this universal truth.

BTW Chicsa is cooler than liquid nitrogen  8). Considering how cool he is, I think the rest of us less-cool gardeners should adhere to his advice.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:24:49 PM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Stonehenge

• Trading Score: +53
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 02:22:13 PM »

The stuff grows like crazy, I know that much. Its hard to believe its vanishing in peru. Must be because of deforestation not because of over harvesting.

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 01:16:59 AM »

I think it gotta be a regional thing, EIRN and some of my other brazillian friends have shown photos of it growing everywhere, including in urban areas (as well as mimosas right on the side of the road!) I'm sure parts of its natural habitat are threatened, but there's still a whole lotta jungle out there.

I'm so uncool that I broke the thermometer. People who care too much aren't cool. I am sorry. :(
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 01:18:38 AM by Chicsa »

oplopanax

• Trading Score: +139
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »

I think it is really smart to think about the effects that releasing invasive or pushy species may have on the bioregions that they are released into.

No living organism should be illegal.

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 03:53:18 PM »

I'm so uncool that I broke the thermometer.

I appreciate it Chicsa! The thermometer's been broken around here for a couple weeks, it keeps saying we've got temps in the 50s!

Sorry, off topic. Resume saving the world guys!
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!