Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Something is attacking my p viridis, a fungus looks like  (Read 10521 times)

XDX

• Trading Score: +72
Re: Something is attacking my p viridis, a fungus looks like
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 03:30:32 AM »

pics, i can help more with pics. with pics i can possibly give an ID

Stonehenge

• Trading Score: +53
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 04:03:40 AM »

I'll try to take pics tomorrow. The only environmental change was the fact the sun no longer hits them directly but they have been there for some 5 years or so. I got the cuttings from you, bach. You mailed me a bunch. They are in pots but have grown into the ground. Not sure what the roots look like.

I'll spray them with the daconil, then give them some water with aspirin in it. Can't hurt and might help.

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 04:51:55 AM »

Good luck with them. I've never had any problems like that with them so I'm afraid I can't be of too much help. They're typically pretty bulletproof with scale being the only consistent bother.

I'll watch for your pics and give them a close viewing to see if there's anything I can add.
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

Stonehenge

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 12:09:08 AM »

I sprayed them today as best I could. I will spray them maybe every day for a while. I mixed it fairly weak, it said 16 oz makes up to 64 gallons and I put in 1/4 tsp per 1 quart. I took a photo but now I have to look for the right cable to upload with.

Stonehenge

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 03:10:23 AM »

They seem to be doing better after being sprayed with the fungicide. The leaves that were turning brown did not come back but no new ones seem to be dying which is good. The bottle said apply every 7 to 14 days as needed. I gave them another shot after about 10 days and they still look ok. Does anyone think I should keep up the spraying in case the fungus comes back?

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 09:07:31 PM »

They seem to be doing better after being sprayed with the fungicide. The leaves that were turning brown did not come back but no new ones seem to be dying which is good. The bottle said apply every 7 to 14 days as needed. I gave them another shot after about 10 days and they still look ok. Does anyone think I should keep up the spraying in case the fungus comes back?

Which Fungicide did you use?
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Stonehenge

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2016, 01:41:39 AM »

Which Fungicide did you use?

I used daconil. I got it originally at home depot I think it was for an ornamental that was under attack. I think I have the infestation under control but I will probably spray them again one more time.
Pages: 1 [2]