Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Kratom under attack again  (Read 25404 times)

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
Re: Kratom under attack again
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 08:19:39 PM »

These people are out of their minds!  Schedule 1 is so F'd up!!! 

I can hear it now, "We're scheduling this as sched 1 bc it's bad for you... has no medical value........ oh yeah, and we're not going to let anyone research it to prove otherwise".

Disgusting!

Signed and letter being drafted.
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2016, 12:26:59 AM »

Let's just say hypothetically someone were to actually contact the DEA saying: "Hey I've got a few mature Kratom plants on my property can you come remove them before the deadline?". Would they actually spend taxpayer money to cut those plants down? What if they were to get an influx of people making requests like that, so many to the point they end up running out time before deadline to fulfill all the requests made? Would they criminally charge those people who admitted to having it on their property or let our slide since they tried to have removed properly?

Exactly my point, what if tonight they discover the proposed schedule 1 compounds Mitragynine and 7-Hydroxymitragynine in maple tree's and their was a public outcry to remove them  ? ?

Or what if they found schedule 1 compounds naturally occurring in humans and again their was a outcry to remove them ? ?   (oh wait ghb dmt opioids ect.) 
III%

SoulGrower

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2016, 12:33:28 AM »

We can also play the RC game.. and plant more M hirsuta  :P  I foresee a huge demand for Mitraphylline in the near future lol  well, not so funny  :-\
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 01:00:27 AM »

When will they learn prohibition will only lead to a pointless game of cat and mouse?

Skink

• Trading Score: +30
  • Amateur herpetologist
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 03:16:49 AM »

Pretty soon they will schedule all of our ethnobotanicals :(

Something needs to be done about this. When you go around banning certain plants that are more or less harmless because of what substances they contain how then can you still be promoting this illusion of "freedom" we all "possess"
I'm lonesome when you're around. I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself...

danzick

• Trading Score: +238
  • So many seeds, so little time.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 03:23:59 AM »

When will they learn prohibition will only lead to a pointless game of cat and mouse?

That's exactly the point.  All government bureaucracies need to justify their existence, increase their budget, and convince the sheeple that they are doing something.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 03:25:15 AM by danzick »

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 04:59:36 AM »

That's exactly the point.  All government bureaucracies need to justify their existence, increase their budget, and convince the sheeple that they are doing something.

Hey they are doing alot --- 6 figure salerys, pensions, keeping jails/prisions stoked with non-criminals and lets not forget about all the seatbelt tickets and redlight camera's and if your lucky they will throw a flash bang into your newborn's crib while choking you to death for a cigarette.
III%

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 12:42:10 PM »

Hah, no. They'd demand you remove them yourself or face potential persecution.

The sad part is that they're banning it not because people are dying from ithe but rather people aren't buying their legal, safe  (heh, yeah right!) Opiates/opiods. This is curruption at its finest.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 02:24:07 PM »

Well put Sunny. The reason this is happening as I see it is simple. Kratom's popularity over here has skyrocketed in the last decade let alone the last couple years. They are sneaking in the law asap because they know a few more years down the road they'd have another fight like marijuana legalization on their hands. They gotta beat it to the punch before there's too much support and education about it. Stopping it now there will never build the support needed to overturn the laws. No one will be able to research it, less will try it, and there's isn't the demand yet to really spur huge black market efforts so it'll just fade away into ambiguity. No competition from another miracle plant that cannot be OD'd on and is much more helpful and beneficial than what they produce as an alternative. God forbid it can help you escape from the grasp of their addictive unhealthful destroying substances too.

Another conspiracy for the record...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:25:04 PM by MadPlanter »
Spreading love!

Skink

• Trading Score: +30
  • Amateur herpetologist
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »

What really really burns me up is just last week in the hospital I was talking to a few people who were trying to get off painkillers or stop methadone and I told them about Kratom and how its helped a lot of people heal from there addiction and I said, half joking  " you better get some soon before it's made illegal" I had no idea it was happening now.
Now I feel like I jinxed it xC
I'm lonesome when you're around. I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself...

SoulGrower

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 09:53:50 PM »

Nah.. you didn't jinx it at all.  These things don't happen overnight.  It's long been in the works.  I just read a disturbing email that was posted at nexus on this topic.  It suggests the letter of intent was drafted in May, and held secretly, until the last minute so that any attempts to object would be minimized.  It also alleges that this was absolutely a ploy by big pharma.  I am outraged.

On a positive note.  My gf, who isn't into any of this stuff, and has heard me ranting, just informed me that one of her friends posted on FB about this.  Her friend is friends with the owner of a local Kava bar that serves Kratom.  Lots of positive support in response.  I had my gf link the petition.  Probably too little too late.. but only bc it looks like it was purposefully orchestrated that way.

We are in desperate need of a national activist organization. I'm probably at the far end of the spectrum in that I believe no drug should be illegal.  But it is totally incomprehensible to me that we start creating a list (a long list) of PLANTS that are illegal to grow.  Outlawing lifeforms... Insanity.

So here is a call to arms.  We need a group that lobbys for the natural right of all to GROW any damn thing they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2016, 12:03:14 AM »

I'll join! Not sure what I could contribute, but I'd get the word out and talk enthusiastically about it! That's a cause I can get behind.
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!

SoulGrower

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2016, 12:24:45 AM »

Kudos to Forbes for reporting without drug histeria bias
The DEA Is Placing Kratom And Mitragynine On Schedule I

"In the last two months, published research has pointed to why kratom might be a useful and safer alternative to prescription opioids."

This explains it all folks. 
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

Chicsa

• Botonitect
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +172
  • Ikhinsh Toksali
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2016, 05:23:20 AM »

Another conspiracy for the record...

everything about what is happening right now in this country seems like a god damned conspiracy.

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2016, 05:35:14 AM »

“We have the money, the power, the medical understanding, the scientific know-how, the love and the community to produce a kind of human paradise. But we are led by the least among us – the least intelligent, the least noble, the least visionary.” -  Terence McKenna
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:48:00 AM by plantlight »
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5