Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Natural plant promoters  (Read 4461 times)

nikshaz

• Trading Score: +151
  • This is gods work, creation..just create ethically
Natural plant promoters
« on: May 17, 2016, 06:45:59 AM »

Alfalfa has a plant growth promoter or regulator whatever you want to call it, Triacontanol. I use it to transplant and for a feeding every month or so. Usually I go to natural grocers and they have bulk herbs like alfalfa and I make a strong tea out of it. 

I was wondering if anyone know of other plants that create plant growth promotors.
We are our own creators

The man with the seeds is the man indeed

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
Re: Natural plant promoters
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 06:50:45 PM »

I'm intrigued by this. How long do you brew the tea? Have any plants reacted negatively to a brew too strong? How often do you give the plants this alfalfa tea?

nikshaz

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 08:24:05 PM »

I usually get some boiling hot water and fill a whole tea bag up of the alfalfa. Agitate the bag letting the boiling water go through the alfalfa dried stems and leaves. Then take the water off heat and let that sit over night. In the morning is a dark golden water. As far as the plants and how they take that up, I see larger leaf blades, from what I saw on phalaris, and it a also promotes healthy root system.

No negatives as of yet but could get negative if is get too strong maybe? I'm not sure though because I have a cousin who grows some medicinal botanicals and all he uses is tea to feed his plants, actually waters his plants all the time with tea. Yet to find out his tea though. Healthiest plants I've seen.

http://www.mbferts.com/Triacontanol-Plant-Hormone-Trichome-Stimulant-Flower-Boost-173.htm

Good information there.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 08:25:32 PM by nikshaz »
We are our own creators

nikshaz

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 08:19:55 PM »

I'm finding that willow bark is brewed into a tea; the young branches contain IBA and Salicylic acid. This could possibly made into too strong of a tea.
IBA is a rooting hormone for plants, but plays a role in plant development. Salicylic acid is a plants defense mechanism, can help a plant stay healthy.
I'm looking for a solid study with the willow branches, thought I'd post this and maybe someone can find something.
We are our own creators

Radium

• Trading Score: +2
  • When I die, plz compost me :)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 05:34:43 AM »

I'm also mad about discovering the effects of different meds developed for human use on plants.
Very interesting and exciting field to study.
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Meow

• Suchness
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 08:26:31 AM »

You mean like how clover increases nitrogen content because it is a nitrogen fixing plant?

nikshaz

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »

I am looking for tea to water your plants with that will encourage growth but also build soil conditions.

Just be careful Radium, your plants may show one thing but it's questionable. I do suggest doing a TLC on your plants for research propriety purposes.

My mind thinks of the bee population decline. You know it's because of the human developed neonicotinoids that is causing that. Human developed prescription meds could have the same devasting effect. So I do hope for the best to your research.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:46:34 AM by nikshaz »
We are our own creators

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 10:11:25 PM »

Alfalfa has a plant growth promoter or regulator whatever you want to call it, Triacontanol. I use it to transplant and for a feeding every month or so. Usually I go to natural grocers and they have bulk herbs like alfalfa and I make a strong tea out of it. 

I was wondering if anyone know of other plants that create plant growth promotors.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17429145.2011.619281